R

Ricky

Hi~Ricky

THE FLYING TRICK

Difficulty: Easy

Requirements:World Editor
Some knowledge of the Object and Trigger Editors

The Tools:

Object editor: The object editor is were you can edit unit's/hero's/abilities/buffs/effects so simply you can edit them and make new ones based off others. It gives you total control over the units statistics. It is located in the task bar at the top of the map editor's screen.

Trigger editor: With the object editor they give you complete control over every little aspect. The trigger editor can be used in 2 different forms: 1 is GUI which is the basic default form. 2 JASS: JASS is the programing language of warcraft GUI is just a cover up form for it. But i shan't go into all the aspects of JASS. The trigger editor is near the object editor. Using triggers to make actions happen some under certain conditions you can change everything (well almost) using the trigger editor.

Procedure:

Open the World Editor.

Go to the object editor and create one spell based off as Shockwave.

Name the Shockwave spell "Jump".

Change the tooltips to whatever you want, then disable ALL DAMAGE PROPERTIES in the Shockwave spell, This is done in the effects of it. change everything that has to do with range AoE and other stuff to 0. In other words: the spell "Jump" is referred to as a dummy spell. A dummy spell is a spell that simply does nothing..

Open the trigger editor.

Delete the Map Initialization trigger and make a trigger named "Jump".

Code:
Jump
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Jump 
    Actions
        Unit - Add Crow Form to (Casting unit)
        Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Casting unit)
        Unit - Turn collision for (Casting unit) Off
        Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Move To (Target point of ability being cast)
        Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 500.00 at 500.00
        Wait until ((Current flying height of (Casting unit)) Equal to 500.00), checking every 0.10 seconds
        Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 0.00 at 1500.00
        Wait until ((Current flying height of (Casting unit)) Equal to 0.00), checking every 0.10 seconds
        Unit - Turn collision for (Casting unit) On
Give the ability "Jump" to a unit.

Conclusion:
Once you set the ability to the unit and remove it instantly, you can control it's flying height within that trigger.

I hope this has been useful and feedback is welcomed.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
is this a make a triangle tut or makea jump tut, cuz all you will get from this is a triangle, nothing more

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

I would prefer you to explain in more detail

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Shouldn't this be in the free trigger code area? Cuz this does not seem too much like a tutorial, though I'm pretty sure it has been done many times before.

Pros:

- Organized
- Neat
- Colored Text
- Simple and Easy to Read

Cons:

- Not explained in detail
- The underline is not colored, it makes the words look odd
- Not a very clear object editor procedure
- Inproper waiting time (I think it is better to use "Wait Until (Unit)'s Flying Height equal to X") instead because it is much more accurate IMO
- The unit is walking in air, it is better to use animations instead and make him slide

Those reasons (The Cons) are pretty much why I think that it should be in the free trigger code section, because it is not much of a tutorial.

Sorry. :eek:

I'm glad though that you are helping the TH community with this though. :D

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

Hi. I have changed based on what you have said to be better. When i get home i will go through it with a spell checker.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
What he means is that the jump will look like a triangle in-game.

Code:
Highest Point
    /\
   /  \
  /    \
 /______\
  Ground

The angled lines are the path the unit will follow.

If it was realistic, it would follow a curved path, like a parabola.

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi

Hi~Omni

>Wait untill flying hight is 500.00

next time use the "copy as text" function in the trigger editor
instead of typing it over. (wich i think you did..)

oh and, i think you dont have to explain what both the editors can be used for :p

gramur erorss :

>But i shan't go ito //But i won't go into
>baisic //basic
>launguage //i'll better not type it myself..

and, why base it off shockwave and not channel ?

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

First the triangle post: Well i dont know how to make it more circular, but at least it jumps. Some people wont know how to do that so iuts better triangle than nothing.

To Omni: I was unable to reach my world editor at the time i wrote this.

I shall edit it to include what they can be used for.

Gramar: One you spelled gramar wrong and two im home now so i will go over it with spell checker in a second.

Based it off as shockwave? Well it doesnt really make that much of a diffrence its just an abilitty you can use for it.

I

IKilledKEnny

This isn't a tutorial really it's way too short, go post it in free trigger code.

On to the trigger it self:

Triggering unit is faster and more reliable then other units (casting unit, attacked unit etc.).

> Wait until flying hight of (triggering unit) is 500.00

"Wait Flying Height / rasing Rate" is better and faster (using T V S).

As I learned the hard way, this will look very unrealistic becuase the unit will appear to be walking becuase it moves from one point to the other, no way to fix that but to keep chaning unit's location.

Also I have done a much more detailed tutorial about this.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
You don't need to wait until the flying height of a unit is 500 to start decreasing it.

It can be done with just 1 action.

All you need to do, is change its flying height to the distance between
the caster's current loc, and the target loc:
Code:
Animation - Change Jumper flying height to (Distance between Jump_Loc[1] and Jump_Loc[2]) at 1500.00
And, yes, it works.

Take a look.

megaddd

Reaction score
Hi~Ricky

THE FLYING TRICK

The Tools:

Object editor: The object editor is were you can edit unit's/hero's/abilities/buffs/effects so simply you can edit them and make new ones based off others. It gives you total control over the units statistics. It is located in the task bar at the top of the map editor's screen.

Trigger editor: With the object editor they give you complete control over every little aspect. The trigger editor can be used in 2 different forms: 1 is GUI which is the basic default form. 2 JASS: JASS is the programing language of warcraft GUI is just a cover up form for it. But i shan't go into all the aspects of JASS. The trigger editor is near the object editor. Using triggers to make actions happen some under certain conditions you can change everything (well almost) using the trigger editor.

Procedure:

Open the World Editor.

Change the tooltips to whatever you want, then disable ALL DAMAGE PROPERTIES in the Shockwave spell, This is done in the effects of it. change everything that has to do with range AoE and other stuff to 0. In other words: the spell "Jump" is referred to as a dummy spell. A dummy spell is a spell that simply does nothing..

Open the trigger editor.

Code:
Trigger: Jump
 [B]Events[/B]
 [B]Conditions[/B]
 [B]Actions[/B]
 Unit - Add crow form to (Casting unit)
 Unit - Remove crow form from (Casting unit)
>>>[B][U][COLOR="Red"]Wait until flying hight of (triggering unit) is 500.00[/COLOR][/U][/B]<<<
 Wait until flying hight of (triggering unit) is 0.00

Conclusion:
Once you set the ability to the unit and remove it instantly, you can control it's flying height within that trigger.

how the heck can i make this trigger ? :confused: (pointed above^)

megaddd

Reaction score
Hi~Ricky

THE FLYING TRICK

The Tools:

Procedure:

Open the World Editor.

Open the trigger editor.

Code:
Trigger: Jump
 [B]Events[/B]
 [B]Conditions[/B]
 [B]Actions[/B]
 Unit - Add crow form to (Casting unit)
 Unit - Remove crow form from (Casting unit)
 Wait until >>>[B][U][COLOR="Red"]flying hight[/COLOR][/U][/B]<<< of (triggering unit) is 500.00
 Wait until flying hight of (triggering unit) is 0.00

Conclusion:

how do i make this, flyng height of (triggering unit) ?

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

The wait untill flying hight of unit is there, i know it is as i have used it in one of my maps under construction. Keep looking:eek: I shall have a looksie when i can find the time:p
2 websites, a game and helping people with worl editor as well as making my own maps, then theres more! Homework and school when do i get break? So you see i dont have time too do much else!:D

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

Ok good good. If anyone can help with the location of this event please share it with us, as i am a bit busy right now to look myself:p

R

Ricky

Hi~Ricky

BUMP

Hi all, in case you didnt know all of my tutorials are in the middle of a revamp! So soon they shall be at least a bit better thank they currently are! Expected changes are:

Non freestyle codes

Spell checker usage

Mistakes sorted out

This revamp includes this tutorial:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.