RPG The Tiding of War

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
The Tiding of War

About

This is a new unique RPG Project that is in the process of being created. It is still in the early stages of creation but will be released soon. I will update this post about information of the game.

Introduction

"The new world we called it, it has no name because it deserves no name. It is full of death and cruel monsters that carrying out their destructive pleasures to their hearts content. There is hope though, a new hero has risen among us. They seek to level the strongholds of the undead and banish the enemy clans from the land. They shall travel this barren landscape, in hope of finding new challenges to test their bravery." - Prophet Ka'ran

This new RPG - The Tiding of War is about you, the hero finding a way to destroy evil but this requires you to travel the lands, seeking powerful artifacts and gaining respectable allies before you can banish the undead from the roof of the world.

The map is massive and will take a long time to explore fully. Not only is their undead in the world but there are also many other enemy clans that stalk the lands that you quest in. There will be custom spells & custom units that you shall use and meet during your path.

Although the world is big, most of it is sea. So the only way to cross is by boat. There is no way to cross safley by your own boat as there are many monsters that swim in the waters. But the Slyvacion have found a way to bless a boat so it is safe from all monsters. This boat docks at 4 main cities all across the world. It is on a loop and will take a long time to complete its treck. You cannot control it, you just wait for it, jump on it and keep sailing until you reach your destination. It may take some time, and the views can be intresting but it is safe.

Allies are a blessing in this world, as many clans are out to kill you, some you can prove to them that you are a trustworthy hero that should be given saftey and respect. In turn you must help them with their needs through quests, collecting items and killing their enemies. All this will be recoreded through a reputation scheme.

There are many kingdoms at war with each other. Most send countless amount of troops to defend their kingdom. With your help you might be able to destroy a castle but be warned. Those that survive will move on to destroy other kingdoms.

Main Conetent

UPDATED! Looped boat - These boats are like WoW's boats, except they don't suddenly appear across the other side of the map. Want a safe way across the worlds main ports? Take this boat, you might have to wait to get on and for your stop but don't worry, Goblin Shipping Co assure us it's safe from the monsters in the deep. From the new kingdoms at war the boat isn't the safest anymore. The ship is neutrul but it might dock in a city which hates you. Be warned as ambushes might occur

Reputation System - Now you will be careful of who you kill with the repuation system. Many clans can become your allies or your enemies. If you keep attacking their enemies eventually they will talk to you, but if you kill one of their own then you will lose reputation with them. You can also gain rep through quests and handing in items they need collecting.

Massive Landscape - This terrain world is big, very big. It will take you a long time to explore it all and there are many different inhabitants.

Build a Base - Once you earn a clans FULL reputation they will give you a Command Tent. Place this down to start a base. From there you shall be able to hire Workers and Guards. Eventually you can build air transports and an Army, all at your command.

NEW! Armys at War - Kingdoms will attack each other, sending troops every so oftern. If one kingdom takes over a city then they will either go into a stance where they will just gather resources or move onto another enemy. If you ever start up your base then be warned, you enemies that are in resource stance will instantly change and try to kill you.

NEW! Combat System - Nearly all units have different levels of this new combat system - theres 3 in total. This system allows a unit to dodge or evade an attack or miss a unit or even crit it. The higher the level the more chance it has to dodge, evade or crit!

Much More...

War Progress
Defilers V Undead's Advance Team - The undead have advanced to a close island from their main island. This island was once the holme of the Defilers. After a quick battle the undead grasped it for their own. The Undead have now moved on to eradicating all of the Defilers from their new area, and that means taking the battle to them. The two armys usally meet on the marshes seperating the island from the Defilers home. The two sides are equally matched and somebody will have to help one side to actually get a defeat and a victory.

Deane's V Sylvacion's Forces - The Deane's recently invaded a small city via the sea. This City once belonged to the Dwavern Captain who now seeks to retake his homeland. The two armys usally meet on the grassy fields cloes to the Former Sylvacion controlled City. The Deane's seem to have the upper hand in strength and it won't belong before they push the attackers back and take over the other Sylvacion City.

Deane's Naval Force V Sylvacion Roal Army - The Sylvacion capital city is being raided from the sea via the Deane's stronghold on the new island. The two are equally matched but the small transport ships they send through to drop off soilders usally get through due to their smallness and are usally ignored when there are bigger foes like the battleships. Eventually the soilders will weaken one tema's side so much that they will destroy the harbour thus taking out the sea defences. Once this happens then that team won't last much longer.

Sylvacion Scouting Force V Deane's Roal Force - This time it's the Sylvacion's who got a little too close. Hearing of an uninhabited island, the Sylvacion's jumped at the chance to populate it. Little did they know that the island very close to the Deane's main base, full of soilders and naval war machines. The Deane's didn't take long to find the Sylvacion's and have started bombarding the small, defencless town. Unable to get reinforcments due to the distance between their base and the roal fleet, the Sylvacion Scouting Force must hold it out until help can arrive. But by then it will proabably be too later. This is very unbalanced fight, it the Sylvacion's want any chance of survival then the Hero needs to defeat the Pink's stronghold to allow the Roal fleet to reinforce the Scouting Forces supplies. Quickness is of the essence.

More Wars to come...

Progress

Phase 2 - Idea Collection, Recruitment, Start Triggering

Terrain - IIIIIIIIII - 100%
Triggers - IIIIIIIIII - 8%
Units - IIIIIIIIII - 5%
Spells - IIIIIIIIII - 0%
Items - IIIIIIIIII - 0%
Quests - IIIIIIIIII - 0%

Changelog

V0.1
Finished Terrain
Finished Looping Boat Triggers
Created all Clans
Created Story Line
Released First Post

Recruitment

I am looking for a small team that can help. Only say you can help if you can. You will recieve Credits to the project.

Quest Creator
Duderock101 (Need more)
Cinematics
Duderock101 (Need more)
Triggers (GUI, Jass)
Duderock101, MagnaGuard (Need more)
Custom Spells & Units
Duderock101, MagnaGuard (Need more)​

If you would like to help then please ask here or PM me for an even quicker responce

Why did i post so early

Three reasons

I need a small team
I also need ideas
and to keep this project alive

I hope to continue this project but i can only do that with feedback from you, the community.

Any feedback to the ideas or any contribution would be greatly helpful to me and this project.

~~~Duderock101~~~

Sceenies

WC3ScrnShot_033009_181931_02-1.jpg

The looping boat - My mage is taking a pleasant boat ride across the sea. Takes around 1 minute.

WC3ScrnShot_033009_182001_03.jpg

Will be a clan;s base but at the moment its a wonderful valley.

WC3ScrnShot_033009_182012_04.jpg

A light forest, will contain monster that will be good for questing.

WC3ScrnShot_033009_182056_06.jpg

There are many mountains all across the world, most of them are snowy and contain strong monsters or undead.

WC3ScrnShot_033109_153946_02.jpg

Very peaceful.. I can hear swords and shouting!

WC3ScrnShot_033109_153932_01.jpg

Our town has been invaded by the Orcish clan

WC3ScrnShot_033109_153955_03.jpg

Send the troops!

WC3ScrnShot_033109_154008_04.jpg

As you can see, they are fighting. My new combat ability allows a unit to miss, evade, dodge and crit enemy units.

WC3ScrnShot_033109_154016_06.jpg

The fight intenses, we seem to be losing

WC3ScrnShot_033109_154131_08-1.jpg

Our men are dead, call for reinfocements...

WC3ScrnShot_033109_154212_09-1.jpg

They reached the front line! Push them back.

WC3ScrnShot_033109_154212_09.jpg

Quickly, or we won't have much of a defence

WC3ScrnShot_033109_154307_10.jpg

Good job men. The battle continues - its not balanced, its random... You think thats a battle, theres more than one going on...

WC3ScrnShot_033109_154031_07.jpg

The undead have met their closest enemy - the defilers. Destroying them will grant access for them to take over us!

Vylatin

Reaction score
(+) Sounds Great
(+) Okay Terrain

(-) The World contains a little bit too much sea

Keep up the good work! :D

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
At least you don't use blizzard cliffs and fill everything up with thousands of doodads. Good/average terrain.

Whatever, I'm a little bit confused about the features, though. Why would you ever want to have a reputation system? WoW rep-grinding was a pain. If I ever meet the guy that invented the damn "fill the bar"-reputation system, I will instantly headshot him.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
At least you don't use blizzard cliffs and fill everything up with thousands of doodads. Good/average terrain.

Whatever, I'm a little bit confused about the features, though. Why would you ever want to have a reputation system? WoW rep-grinding was a pain. If I ever meet the guy that invented the damn "fill the bar"-reputation system, I will instantly headshot him.

Blizzard cliffs =/= bad terrain. Just saying.

Is that boat floating. :O

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

duderock101

Reaction score
(+) Sounds Great
(+) Okay Terrain

(-) The World contains a little bit too much sea

Keep up the good work!

Ok - i might fill up spaces with islands later on, the terrain would be improved but as the map is soo big it would ahve a massive impact on the lagg. I wish i could make it better but i am limited to size...

I know, i hate reputation too BUT you don't grind it on this game

Waht it is for is say, you meet two clans who are neutrul, if you attack one then u gain rep with the other but lose rep with the one you aattacked. You then have an ally BUT and enemy. Comes with adv and disadv

you can now trade with your ally but are attacked by your enemy. The higher rep u have the more you can buy. So yes its annoying but it affects your gameplay.

Blizzard cliffs =/= bad terrain. Just saying.

Is that boat floating. :O

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

uh... its a boat... they float in the water...

so yes its floating

Don't worry, its not blizzard cliffs. Its risen via the hill tool in the teraining section. Thi smeans you can land your boat anywhere.

Thanks for comments - If you ahve ANY suggestions please let me hear them.

duderock101

Reaction score
BUMP - the Post has been updated with screenshots, systems for the map and a new member to the team.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I meant floating in the air, :eek: :D. It does look like it's in the air... but I guess that's just me. Because, I mean, the unit-selection circle isn't under it, it's in the position of of a flying unit. lol.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

duderock101

Reaction score
I had to get the unit to fly to follow the boat correctly, what you can see is the circle for the unit as ive selected them. I am still looking for help, i have one other person but they are mostly playing WoW... :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.