There's a leak I can't find

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Alright, I start to get a good deal of lag about five minutes into a game using these triggers, but I can't seem to figure out what is doing it. Any help would be appreciated.

Trigger:
  • FFire on attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacked unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to False
      • (Mana of (Attacking unit)) Greater than or equal to 100.00
      • (Level of Frenzy Fire (passive) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Set Cpoint = (Position of (Attacked unit))
      • Set Tpoint = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Random = (Units within 800.00 of Tpoint matching ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is in (Units owned by Neutral Passive)) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is in (Units owned by (Owner of (Attacking unit)))) Equal to False
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Number of units in Random) Greater than 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Runit = (Random unit from Random)
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Neutral Passive at Tpoint facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 6.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse Runit
              • Unit - Set the custom value of Runit to (Level of Frenzy Fire (passive) for (Attacking unit))
              • Unit - Create 1 Missile Guy for Neutral Passive at Tpoint facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb Runit
              • Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to 0.00
              • If ((Level of Frenzy Fire (real) for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 3) then do (Do nothing) else do (Unit - Increase level of Frenzy Fire (real) for (Attacking unit))
              • Unit - Increase level of Frenzy Fire (passive) for (Attacking unit)
            • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Random)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Neutral Passive at Cpoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Attacked unit)
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Attacked unit) to (Level of Frenzy Fire (passive) for (Attacking unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Missile Guy for Neutral Passive at Tpoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb (Attacked unit)
          • Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to 0.00
          • If ((Level of Frenzy Fire (real) for (Attacking unit)) Equal to 3) then do (Do nothing) else do (Unit - Increase level of Frenzy Fire (real) for (Attacking unit))
          • Unit - Increase level of Frenzy Fire (passive) for (Attacking unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Tpoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Cpoint)

Trigger:
  • Frenzy Fire Death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Custom value of (Dying unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Set Dpoint = (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Set Darea = (Units within 500.00 of Dpoint)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Dpoint using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HCancelDeath\HCancelDeath.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Darea and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If ((Custom value of (Dying unit)) Less than or equal to (Custom value of (Picked unit))) then do (Do nothing) else do (Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to (Custom value of (Dying unit)))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Neutral Passive at Dpoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Dpoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Darea)

Trigger:
  • Frenzy Fire damage
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set FFDamage = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Frenzy Fire ) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FFDamage and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - (10.00 + (20.00 x (Real((Custom value of (Picked unit)))))))
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_FFDamage)

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Haven't looked thoroughly, but already I found this:

Set Random = (Units within 800.00 of Tpoint matching ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is in (Units owned by Neutral Passive)) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is in (Units owned by (Owner of (Attacking unit)))) Equal to False

Bolded unit group leaks. For the first one use "owner of matching unit =/= neutral passive", and for the second one use "owner of matching unit =/= owner of attacking unit".

Genkora

Reaction score
Alright, I fixed that one. I'm still getting lag though, and I'm pretty sure it is caused by one of those three as the lag only occurs after I have been using Frenzy Fire for a while.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Your unit attacks very fast? Doesn't seem much laggy to me from the triggers.

Second trigger can be quite disastrous though. May set up a chain reaction if you're careless in setting custom value for units, since the condition is a rather loose one. Try 'unhide' all your dummies and see how many of them spawn in a period of 5 minutes. If there are too many, then there's your problem.

Genkora

Reaction score
ah, yes. I hadn't realized where just using greater than zero would lead me. I haven't used any custom values anywhere else yet, but I was planning on doing so. Perhaps I will instead create a unit group and put all the units with the buff inside. And my unit does attack quite fast, a few times every second actually. But would my dummy units really be a problem? The spell can't be cast unless the unit has 100 mana and it's mana is reduced to zero every time it casts it.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Units owned by (Player) is a unit group comparison, but you haven't created that unit group so the game automatically generates those (very large) groups every time it runs your conditions. Instead of a boolean comparison, run a player comparion ("Owner of Matching unit Not Equal to Neutral Passive" and "Owner of Matching unit Not equal to Owner of Attacking unit").

If the trigger runs often, lower the life span of the dummy units so that many dummy units don't exist at the same time. It really only needs time to cast the spell, which only takes time if you made the dummy unit so that it needs to spend time turning (a dummy unit which cannot move turns instantanously, like a tower).

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Set Random = (Units within 800.00 of Tpoint matching ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is in (Units owned by Neutral Passive)) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is in (Units owned by (Owner of (Attacking unit)))) Equal to False

wouldnt it be easier if you compared players directly?

Owner of Matching unit is not equal to Neutral Passive.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.