three questions/requests

AKDevil

Reaction score
i am currently working on a hero defence map, and i find myself in need of two systems, and one answer

1) i need an aggro system that suports deaths, fight resarts, and custom aggro values (meaning i can change the aggro value of an ability to be more than its damage).

2) the second system i am looking for is one that allows heros to push friendly non-hero units, it is very important that it only works on friendlies.

3) this ones a question. is it possible to remove the patrol button from a unit and allow a spell to be placed there in stead, or better yet, change the targets allowed for the patrol ability, change the icon and trigger a spell to it. currently need it to allow enemies.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
1).
here is an aggro system made by Zwiebelchen. if you encounter any problems while implementing it contact Zwiebelchen.

3).
you cant remove the patrol button without removing your units movement.

BarzahdX

Reaction score
2) As in a knockback? Or by "push" you mean selecting and possibly controlling units? Please clarify, and be specific. If it's a knockback, how far do you want it to move the units, in which direction, and what triggers it?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the aggro system.
so i cant remove patrol, but what about moding it?
+rep

the command buttons are pretty much hardcoded.
however, you can change the description text and the icon for the button (right now i forgot how but there must be a turtorial for this in the turtorial sub-forum)
if you want your ability to be point/unit targeting you might change the icon, the description and trigger your ability to fire when a unit is ordered to patrol.

Offtopic: By the way, you cant give rep if you havent got at least a reputation of 1.

Edit: this might be the turtorial you are looking for.

AKDevil

Reaction score
Offtopic: By the way, you cant give rep if you havent got at least a reputation of 1.
didnt know that, sorry. thanks for the links again though.

I think maybe a key detection set up might be better, since it needs be able to target an enemy unit

2) As in a knockback? Or by "push" you mean selecting and possibly controlling units? Please clarify, and be specific. If it's a knockback, how far do you want it to move the units, in which direction, and what triggers it?

no, i mean like the hero is wading through the units, and they just get forced off to the side, allowing the hero to move through the friendlies unhindered, but not pushing them along in front of him, but doesnt allow the hero to move through enemies. would be nice if it worked while the non heros were moving as well. if it is easier, it could even work off of a buff.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you can check the current order of your hero whether its "patrol" or not. however patrolling units do attack enemys automatically when they reach its aquisation range.

AKDevil

Reaction score
yeah i know, i have gotten that much to work, its just that i wanted it to be able to target an enemy unit specifically. its not really a big deal any more, unless it is simpler than i imagine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.