RPG Tides of Destiny

What do you think of this map?

• Awful game. Nothing about it was good. Don't waste your time finishing this.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Pretty bad. It needs A LOT of improvement.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Average. It would need improvement to compete with all the other ORPGs

• Pretty good. I liked most of it.

• Amazing! I really look forward to playing future versions

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

TwoHeadedBoy

Reaction score
Tides of Destiny
vAlpha

What is it?
Tides of Destiny is an ORPG made by Tomatoes&RadioWire (my other name). I am posting this alpha version to determine the potential for this map, to determine if I should continue it or not. So please tell me what you think of it.
Please note that I have NOT tested this in multiplayer (so there may or may not be tons of bugs for multiplayer play).

This IS unprotected. I would appreciate it if you did not steal anything from this map, or give it to anyone who would.

What I need help with:
- I need a new name for this.
- Gameplay suggestions. (Should I implement professions, dungeons...etc?)
- Hero suggestions. Spell suggestions.

Features:

Equipment
The most common method for equipment that I have seen is a multiboard. Instead of that, I use a 'backpack' unit, that houses all of your equipment. I personally prefer my method to multiboards, because I think that it is easier and more pleasing to use.
Screenshots:

Gamplay Screenshots

Attachment Below

Attachments

• Tides ORPG.w3x
    677.2 KB · Views: 315

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
I dissaprove, because I don't egven know what it is a bout! ALl I know is ORPG, storyline?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Only 2 heroes? And I don't like the bagpack icon as a hero, just make a stash at bases instead, it would be more better. Nice attribute colors..... Have a better hero selection.....

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
It's a WIP? :D
@BlackRose, most RPG's now don't have storylines, so it's okay, heh. Or maybe you find it as the game goes.

Yes, dungeons are always fun.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just played through this so far as a Privateer, and I liked it. I like the inventory system and how it was easy to learn everything. However, while it has a lot of potential, a lot of things still need improving. All the quests so far are just hack and slash and same thing with the encounters. Maybe give the quests a bit of a story, too.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Just played through this so far as a Privateer, and I liked it. I like the inventory system and how it was easy to learn everything. However, while it has a lot of potential, a lot of things still need improving. All the quests so far are just hack and slash and same thing with the encounters. Maybe give the quests a bit of a story, too.

Reminds me of Twilight's Eve, yep, shadys right you better improve the quests, nobody want to just keep on killing for no reason. Add something like talk to this deliver this find this item and more other quest. Most MMORPG doesn't only have kill this monster quest. Going to try this map right now, kinda bored :D

Haha, upload it somewhere else by the way.....

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Two things:

1) In the game it says Tides of Fate, :rolleyes:
2) It kinda looks so similar to Defiance ORPG, the style of the game with the spellbook type and skills leveling and damage showing, the terrain (with a different theme of course), even the starting area is like exactly the same, you have the guys there, the fountain right under.

But it's pretty cool, not much done yet, but good.
Items cost too much... you get like 1-4 gold for early kills, and early sword costs 400 gold!?

Good job though, keep it up! :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

TwoHeadedBoy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the input. I'm going to wait for some more of people's thought before continuing it though.
I fixed the upload. No more megaupload!

Two things:

1) In the game it says Tides of Fate, :rolleyes:

Ya... I was playing around with the name, I guess i forgot to change it in game interface.

Ya, I'll admit im not that good at quest making... I'm always open to suggestions

Only 2 heroes? And I don't like the bagpack icon as a hero, just make a stash at bases instead, it would be more better. Nice attribute colors..... Have a better hero selection.....

Well the two heros are just a teaser. I'd definitely have more heros before I make it to version 1.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on the backpack though. I like that it is always with you, and I think the hero icon is the best way to do it.
Anyone else want to offer their opinion on the backpack?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.