tips on fraps

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
hi, i've downloaded fraps from fraps.com

i read about it here in the TH and it allows recording of everything happening on the screen. really neat when recording games.

but i'm not a registered user so it only allows me to record a 30 second clip. and i'm not gonna spend 37 US dollars for this tool.

i was thinking of pressing the record button every 30 seconds and merging all the clips together with the windows movie maker but this would be very tiring.

any tips on how to use this?

or

is there any more programs like this around the 'net?

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
i read about it here in the TH and it allows recording of everything happening on the screen. really neat when recording games.
like this around the 'net?

By looking around, I found this one (open source):
http://www.camstudio.org/

Recording the desktop and games are two completely different things, so it might not work as expected...

Rad

Reaction score
Try out gamecam. I think it lets you do full length but puts a mark on your videos in the corner. Last I remember it also pre-compressed it.

I use fraps though, I just remember using it quite awhile ago

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
ive got game cam, when i used game cam, make avi movies, and viewed at adobe premiere pro (movie maker), the video is screwed, it wont play and there are green marks all over the screen, thats why i uninstalled it...

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
i've downloaded camstudio a while ago.

it seriously LAGGGGGGGGGS. it lags more than fraps.

What screen resolution are you using when playing? I'd recommend setting it as low as possible, like 640x480 or 800x600: it might not be the application that lags, but your harddisk, that can't keep up writing the data fast enough while reading game-related files at the same time.

You'd better save the video in a format that doesn't require much CPU power for encoding (MPEG-1 looks like a good compromise to me) and convert to (Xvid, DivX, VP6, ...) or post-process the video later on.

Not what you want, as you don't want to spend any money, but I'd go for the Hyperionics products (HyperCam for videos, HyperSnap for screenshots).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.