Tired and Hungry

bumbaclo

Reaction score
so you want a checker every 20 seconds to be positive until a unit comes within range. When that checker is positive, you want all units NOT ALREADY within range to be killed when they come within range?.. That would be rather difficult to explain in a tool tip.. but if that's what you want.. :S

Not all, just 1 random unit from the unit group. Also, I was hoping you could check for the units every 20 seconds from the time the first unit enters (therefore any enemy non-hero unit that came within range will eventually die anyways if they stay long enough).

@bumbaclo
You can just make the ward have a low attack with a 20 sec cool down and when a unit is attacked by it, kill it, splode it w/e.

The problem is I want the kill to be random; if it were an attack the player could target it to kill the "high priority" units first =p.

Okey this might be boring and too simple, but please respond so I know if it's something you asked / didn't ask for.

An passive skill which applies to normal attacks. Has a 10% chance to shoot shockwave to random 360 degrees direction.

Do you have GDD?

Its a great form of damage detection that makes spell triggering alot easier. Once you have it do this:

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of GDD_DamageSource) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to 10.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Stomp for (Owner of GDD_DamageSource) at (Position of GDD_DamageSource) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Position of (Last created unit)) offset by 500.00 towards (Random real number between 0.00 and 360.00) degrees)
          • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions

Replace the Footman with your unit.
The "Dummy Stomp" is a dummy unit with the shockwave you want.
The "500" doesn't really matter, since its the angle you want; but it shouldnt be further than the casting range of the shockwave.

Edit: Forgot expiration timer. Also, you can use the "Event - A unit is attacked" (change conditions/actions accordingly) but this event can be easily exploited.

AKDevil

Reaction score
how bout this one?
Eye of the Tempest - toggle on/off (non-channel/cast), envelops the whole map in a violent Storm, striking enemy units at random, killing non hero units that strikes, including naval and flying units, causing naval and flying units to be blown drasticly off course in counter clockwise direction (if possible), and striking ground units with lightning. only calm and safe area is 1200 range from caster.
lvl 1 = 500 damage to struck heros, ships that run aground die, target cant be = building, hits 1% of enemy units every second at random, air units lose2% altitude per sec and crash when they hith the ground (kills units that it lands on, regardless of owner) and can also be hit by lightning, causing a large explosion if they are mechanical (harmless to ground, causes damage to air).

IronTrout

Reaction score
Ok, well uni is getting to be a tad annoying now, But i think i can do at least 1 spell a night. So ima put some kind of chart saying when your spell will be ready on the original post. (that'll happen later on today :))

netygraph

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of GDD_DamageSource) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to 10.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Stomp for (Owner of GDD_DamageSource) at (Position of GDD_DamageSource) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Position of (Last created unit)) offset by 500.00 towards (Random real number between 0.00 and 360.00) degrees)
          • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions

Replace the Footman with your unit.
The "Dummy Stomp" is a dummy unit with the shockwave you want.
The "500" doesn't really matter, since its the angle you want; but it shouldnt be further than the casting range of the shockwave.

Edit: Forgot expiration timer. Also, you can use the "Event - A unit is attacked" (change conditions/actions accordingly) but this event can be easily exploited.
Trigger:
  • Actions

I think I have the GDD installed properly and I can choose the variables. But how do I make that line above?

netygraph

Reaction score
Actions -> Press i Then it should pop up.

No seriously, how do I do that? Of course I can get into the configure action place, but can't find it from the drop down. I can find If / Then / Else, but I can make condition to "All conditions".

bumbaclo

Reaction score
he's being serious, and you just pointed out yourself the action...its called If/Then/Else multiple functions, the "all conditions" part is part of the command.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
@IronTrout
I was wondering if it'd be ok to add a small change to my spell. If not that is ok too.

Could you make it so that instead of the bear running to the point, he runs in the direction the player targets for 4000 units.

Thanks

IronTrout

Reaction score
@Avaleirra --> Yes, I can do that for you, but it'll be like either friday or saturday

@Anyone else that cares --> I posted up the dates on the original post, so have a blast caring :)

Oh and Chaos, I'm not gunna do your spell :p

IronTrout

Reaction score
@Bumbaclo I've done your spell, but I don't like it, it lags if you put down like 20 or more totems, So i'm going to re-do it over tonight and tomorrow. :)

netygraph

Reaction score
he's being serious, and you just pointed out yourself the action...its called If/Then/Else multiple functions, the "all conditions" part is part of the command.

There is no "all conditions command". I've launched the world editor several times to look for it but no.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
He said if there is no pentagrams no spell request or am i wrong? I maybe did misunderstood this damn thing...

netygraph

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • * Actions
    • o If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)

Please tell me where I can find this, every mouse click you have to make.

bumbaclo

Reaction score
@Bumbaclo I've done your spell, but I don't like it, it lags if you put down like 20 or more totems, So i'm going to re-do it over tonight and tomorrow. :)

Lol sure. No need to rush it, my map won't be completed till at least next week :).
Edit: oh btw if it makes a difference it isnt a hero spell, so no need for levels.

Lol...i seriously thought u were joking and was just taking it way too far...:eek:

Trigger:
  • * Actions
    • o If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)

Please tell me where I can find this, every mouse click you have to make.

Have you even tried clicking on the command If/Then/Else? Thats exactly what it shows. It appears, you get 3 fields to add stuff: conditional, action, alternative action.

IronTrout

Reaction score
The totem of death spell is done.. No, I Didn't make it so that the timer activates when a dude walks into the area.. cuz that would have made me a rather large sad panda. So, it does it every 20 seconds with a 10 second cooldown. :) Feel free to change, it shouldn't be too hard to find :)
View attachment TotemofDeath.w3x

EDIT: Nety, Your spell is in there too :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.