Tool Request Thread

LordOglog

Reaction score
Right I know this is a bit weird and probably won't get used but would anyone like any tools creating?
I have free time and I would like to help the community but tools are the only things I'm any good at so fire away, after all what have you got to lose, and please no contravertial requests e.g. deprotectors.

NationCreati

Reaction score
A tool that checks to see what imported objects are actually used, than lists them (option to remove them would also be nice).
That one shouldn't be too hard; wc3 already makes a boolean if the import is used or not. Just tedious to go through all of them. I'd love using it, since I often import around 100-200 imports per map, but rarely use even a fourth of them.

LordOglog

Reaction score
Ok accessing the boolean wc3 uses might be pretty hard so instead I'm going to make a program that extracts all files then checks the names of the imports against the references to imported objects in the scripts.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok accessing the boolean wc3 uses might be pretty hard so instead I'm going to make a program that extracts all files then checks the names of the imports against the references to imported objects in the scripts.

:confused: Heh, you're confusing me

Anyways, before I ask something, do you make Systems?

Syndrome

Reaction score
Hmmm That's awesome

Then, is it possible to create a Quest System for an RPG?

Here's what I'm looking for inside it [Don't worry if you can't create one]

- An option that uses a specific selected unit as a Quest Giver
- Make it so that eeach player can only have 1 Quest at any given time
- A simple way of giving awards for completing the Quest
- A simple way of adding the Conditions of the Quest and failing it.
- Make it so that the Quest Giver says something before a Dialog shows 'Accept Quest' or 'Decline Quest'.

And Optional:

- If a player types '-quest' the game will tell you your current quest and what needs to be done

Tell me if you can do this system, you don't have to create the optional thing

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
What NationCreati just mentioned would be of great use. I would have had use of this tool just 2 days ago actually when I had to delete over 900 imports to find the 30 that I actually use.

Doing this manually takes some time, this tool would be made it would be excellent.

Syndrome

Reaction score
What NationCreati just mentioned would be of great use. I would have had use of this tool just 2 days ago actually when I had to delete over 900 imports to find the 30 that I actually use.

Doing this manually takes some time, this tool would be made it would be excellent.

900 IMPORTS?! Man, I only have like... 75, mainly all abilities for spells.

Anyways, back on topic, Will you be able to complete my request? Cause I gotta know if I'm gonna rep you for initializing work on it :p

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
A path finder
finds the path for the custom models skins

LordOglog

Reaction score
I could probably do it, but it would take time, so I won't for now, but if I have lots of free time someday perhaps I'll try it.
In reply to path finder I think there is already a tool that does that, but I shall have a go as well.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
In-Battle State

Hi, i ve tried very hard to make a tool like this but failed...

Do you have an idea how to check if a unit is fighting? means, if the unit is under the attack of an enemy or is attacking itselve. would be very nice if you could try it. thx.

LordOglog

Reaction score
Hi, i ve tried very hard to make a tool like this but failed...

Do you have an idea how to check if a unit is fighting? means, if the unit is under the attack of an enemy or is attacking itselve. would be very nice if you could try it. thx.

You need a trigger for that not a tool, just search anyways.

Also I think I have seen an auto leak fixer before but once I have completed the other project I'll probably try that. Also the import cleaner is doing good now, should be finished soon, as long as nothing too bad happens.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
A tool that checks to see what imported objects are actually used, than lists them (option to remove them would also be nice).
That one shouldn't be too hard; wc3 already makes a boolean if the import is used or not. Just tedious to go through all of them. I'd love using it, since I often import around 100-200 imports per map, but rarely use even a fourth of them.

There is a tool called Widgetizer that probably does this.
Search it up.

LordOglog

Reaction score
Posted by PitzerMike on wc3c:
The Widgetizer converts the object data files in Warcraft maps to SLK tables and TXT files. Additionally the WTS strings of the map are internalized. This will result in a remarkable decrease of loading time (up to 80 percent).

Doesn't say anything about imports on wc3c so I shall continue working on it.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.