Tracking Reputation

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Well, I'm sure you can all tell we can see the past 5 times people have given us Reputation...But here's a little suggestion/question:

Can we have it so we can see ALL the reptuation? Just only 5 at a time?

Oh, one more, sorry:

Can we possible see the Rep we've given to other people? I think people are going to ask why about this one, so here it is: I'm CONSTANTY trying to give rep to people that I don't remember giving rep to, but apparently I have, so I can't! It's so frustrating not being able to remember who's "repable" and who I've repped recently and need to wait in order to rep again...

Just a thought

Alexander

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
On this note, is there a way to see exactly how much rep someone has?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
1-50 - One green bar and text says user has received positive some positive reputation

50-100 - One green bar and text says user has over 50 reputation points

101-150 - 2 green bars and text says User is starting to get some respect

150-200 - 2 green bars and text says User seems to have the helping tendency

200-300 - 3 green bars and text says User is gaining Respect quickly

300-400 - 4 green bars and text says User --> Respect

And it goes on from there - a new green bar for each 100 reputation points and some different text for each level.

No way to see the exact amount but you should be able to gauge generally from the info here.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Erm, the original question was to know who you've given rep to, so you know if you can give it to them again or not. Like, lately I've been wanting to give Marks and Shadowy Fear rep for helping with my map. But I can't. It'd be nice to know if I've given enough to re-rep them beforehand.

That was the point

Alexander

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Alexander but I don't see any options for that in the forum Control Panel area. I will keep my eyes open for it though and if I find out how to do it I will enable it for you.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
When you click a profile in WC3C, you can see there rep comments.

I can see mine when I click user preferences.

So What I think hes asking is, can we turn that on? Nothing too private about a rep comment, is there?

// OMG I GOT ANOTHER RED BAR!

Now the tooltip sucks.

SD_Ryoko has no reputation.

Before, it said SDRyoko, only god has sparred you from being banned.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I love it when people expose the limits of software. Looks like you went over the limit so I have set a new limit. It should be fixed now.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I have just gone and modified a couple of descriptions, and also put the points "category" in too, so you can instantly get an idea of the points you or someone else has. Please note that this does not reflect a user's exact points, only the points they needed to enter into their rep category.

User <--- BANNED (-1500)
User only God has spared you from being banned (-1000)
User is succumbing to the Dark Side of the Force (-500)
User is committing heinous sins (-250)
User is not becoming very well liked (-100)
User is not getting along with others (-50)
User must have done something wrong (-10)
User has zero reputation
User has received a bit of reputation (+10)
User has started helping a few people (+50)
User is starting to get some respect (+100)
User seems to have the helping tendency (+150)
User is gaining Respect quickly (+200)
User --> Respect (+300)

etc

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
where did you get -57 from? he has -102 points. Look him up in the Admin CP.

Everything's working as it should be, its just that the forum software isn't smart enough. It's set to give the user the rank of the points level they have gone over. This applies to both + and - point ranks.

So in the case of Tigore, he has -102 points. The nearest level he went over was at the -250 point mark. The nearest level above is the -100 point mark. This is the opposite of how we would expect the ranking system to behave, but the forum software doesn't know that.

I don't know if it is possible to make it more intelligent, so it can treat - point and + point ranks differently.

L

lordloki

umm... i just noticed... i have 61 pts of rep, when yesturday i had 77 but see no signs of a bad rep... am I missing something?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
How are you seeing your reputation? The exact number is not visible anywhere I can see. Can you enlighten me?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, about your question, I recalculated your reputation based on what users had actually given you. Your rep was artificially inflated somehow - you did not get negative reputation it was just adjusted by the forum.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
To see your own number of rep points just click on the "Add Rep" icon in any post made by you.

For admins: to see someone else's rep, go into the Admin CP, then go to User -> Search User -> type the user's name in. When their profile appears, look for the "Reputation" field somewhere down the right side of the profile. Notice that the field is a text edit box, meaning you can change the number of rep points there and save whatever value you put in. The rep change will be instantly applied.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.