Transfer Gold Help!

error0024

Reaction score
umm hello all i wanna ask how do i make a transfer gold plz help me like this

example

Code:
Events
    Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing givg  as A substring

and then action

like example

player 1 type -givg 2 (means player 2) (amount of gold)

then like player 1 type -givg 2 20000

then it said to the player 1

amount of 20000gold has been succesfully transfered to player 2 name

then player - Add (20000) gold to trigger player current gold

Help!!

Rad

Reaction score
Heres what you do. Error said it was 10 players but for convenience lowered it to 9 so this will work easier.

FOR SUBSTRINGS~ Use these to retrive certain values from the string

Code:
- g i v e g   x    y
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10~(Length of entered chat string)

Code:
Event: Player 1 types chat message containing "-give[b]g[/b]" as a substring [i]Do this for each player[/i]
Condition: (Triggering player) current [b]gold[/b] greater than or equal to (Substring (Entered chat string (10, (Length of entered chat string))))
Condition: (Integer (Substring (Entered chat string (10, (Length of entered chat string))))) greater than 0 [i]So you cant give negative gold...[/i]
Action: Player - Add (-1 + (Integer (Substring (Entered chat string (10, (Length of entered chat string))))) to (Triggering player) current [b]gold[/b]
Action: Player - Add (Integer (Substring (Entered chat string (10, (Length of entered chat string))))) to Player (Substring (Entered chat string (8,8))) current [b]gold[/b]
Action: Game - Display to (Triggering player) the text: "((Substring (Entered chat string (10, (Length of entered chat string)))) + [b]Gold[/b] sent to (Player + (Substring (Entered chat string (8,8))))"
Action: Game - Display to (Substring (Entered chat string (8,8)))) the text: "((Substring (Entered chat string (10, (Length of entered chat string)))) + [b]Gold[/b] recieved by (Player + (Triggering Player)"

Bold values can be changed for lumber, if somethings not right let me know its free-type just like 95% of my trigger codes.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
You may want some if-thens in there, just in case the player tries to give another player/himself 999999, when he has 1 gold.

(Player Property under integer under conditions to determine how much gold/wood/food used/food cap a person has).

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
To make Rad's trigger a little simpler, set the amount of gold to a variable first. That way you only have to do it once, instead of again in each action.

Rad said:
Code:
Action: Player - Add (-1 + (Integer (Substring (Entered chat string (10, (Length of entered chat string))))) to (Triggering player) current [b]gold[/b]
Probably just a type-o, it should be "Add (-1 * (Integer..." You put + instead of *.

Rad

Reaction score
Oh yes lumpy thats a good idea, just an old habit of staying away from the golden X (The variable button). If I can stop myself from making another variable I usually do it.

And yes, I meant -1 * <variable> to subtract it... Sorry error I hope you caught that, I forgot what I put it there for when you showed me in MSN.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
That's because it's a pain to do...

May this be of some inspiration:

Code:
Give Gold
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -givegold  as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -givegold  as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -givegold  as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -givegold  as A substring
    Conditions
        (Length of (Entered chat string)) Greater than or equal to 13
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Substring((Entered chat string), 12, 12)) Equal to <space>
            Then - Actions
                Set PlayerNumber = (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 11, 11))))
                Set AmountGold = (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 13, (Length of (Entered chat string))))))
            Else - Actions
                Set PlayerNumber = (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 11, 12))))
                Set AmountGold = (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 14, (Length of (Entered chat string))))))
            If - Conditions
                ((Triggering player) Current gold) Less than AmountGold
            Then - Actions
                Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: You don't have enough Gold.
            Else - Actions
                Player - Add (-1 x AmountGold) to (Triggering player) Current gold
                Player - Add AmountGold to (Player(PlayerNumber)) Current gold
            If - Conditions
                PlayerNumber Equal to (Player number of (Triggering player))
            Then - Actions
                Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: Sure...
            Else - Actions

Uses two variables "PlayerNumber" and "AmountGold", both of type Integer.
Untested, as usual.

I wouldn't use this in a release map though.
If someone types additional spaces... who gets what? :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.