GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Transmutation

Type: AoS (roughly)
Mapsize: 128x192
By: GooS
Version: 0.26 : Pre-Public ALPHA

A regular AoS in most ways accept for what AoS is all about, the heroes.

I'm still in dire need of ideas on how to achieve glyphs, as it is now I'm thinking when an enemy creep dies near you, you get a mystical dust (Food). When you have 15 you get an uncharged glyph (Lumber), which you can take to the bone witch to make into a basic glyph.

I'm going with this one!

Current Problem:
(Read complete thread to understand)

No problem..

This leaves a primary glyph achievement way, which should be relatively easy in order to get fragments. at first I thought creepkills, but some heroes are towards support or healing, and so are glyphs so some people going in that direction would not get that many fragments, in extension, glyphs. So what do you all think?

Heroes:

Heroes have one innate ability after reconsideration.
They had VERY generic names, it has been changed.
In the end I hope there will be atleast one full tavern of agility,
one for strength and one for intelligence.

These are the heroes that I'm currently working with since the re-continue.

Rogue - 100% Done!

Strength:12(+1.4)
Agility:19(+2.3)
Intelligence:19(+2.3)

Cunning and skulking hero that has the innate ability Stealth which reduces the chance enemy heroes has to see you but also decreases movement speed. The first attack made while in stealth causes 2x Intelligence and Agility. Any attacks made by or against you while in stealth will break it.

Note: This is not invisibility, it reduces alpha, removes shadow, decreases movespeed and removes any minimap hero notation, does 2.0x int+agi, 1.5x extra if behind the target.

Going in and out of Stealth will cause afflictions to fade!!

Stormsinger

Strength:12(+1.2)
Agility:18(+2.0)
Intelligence:20(+2.8)

From the deep forests the Stormsinger hails, vicious and cunning. She has the innate ability Thunder Heart that, whenever she casts a spell, gives her spellpower equal to 2.0x Intelligence that is applied to her next single-target ability. If the spellpower isn't used within 5 seconds it fades.

Highpeak Mauler

??

Warmonger

Strength:21(+3.0)
Agility:17(+1.8)
Intelligence:12(+1.2)

A berserking hero from the creeks of this cold world that has the innate ability Flurry, letting go of all his defenses the warmonger rapidly strikes a targeted unit for a maximum of 5 times, each blow causing damage + x0.5 Strength. If the unit moves out of melee range the Flurry will stop, while in flurry the Warmonger cannot take any other orders.

Oathbreaker

Strength:16(+1.9)
Agility:12(+1.1)
Intelligence:22(+3.0)

From the depths of the world she comes, and as many in the dark pits she worships the demon lord. She has the innate ability Possesion that when used houses a demon in herself, granting her extra health, damage and movement speed at the cost of range and attack speed.

Falling under Possesion and Revoking it will cause afflictions to fade!|r
Abilities and bonuses comes from the Glyphs you carry in your inventory
and if you use one.

Objective is simple, kill the other teams Conduit to the Gods and you win.
The Conduit is within a protective field which must be removed before he can be killed.
You remove the field by overpowering the two Glyphs of Fortification which are located
east and weat of the base. (Stand near them and a channel will start, you must channel
for 20 seconds without interuption.

Glyphs

Glyphs carried in inventory grant 1-2 bonuses, even when you are afflicted
by a specific glyph the carried ones still grant their passive bonus.
When you use a Glyph you are afflicted by its powers for 1 minute
granting you 2 passive and 2-4 active skills based on if it's a
low-level glyph or a high-level one. Once you are afflicted you can not
fall under another affliction until your current one times out.

At the beginning you will only get the basic elemental glyphs

Ram - Fire Glyph (Base Component)
Dok - Water Glyph (Base Component)
San - Air Glyph (Base Component)
Hem - Earth Glyph (Base Component)

But as the player with all probability will notice there's
an altar for each player in the base. In this altar a player can place
two or more of his glyphs, if it's a correct formula they will
transmute; becoming a more powerful glyph.

Ishkar - Cold Glyph (Dok-San)
Rehmo - Darkness Glyph (Ram-Hem)
Tahkar - Arcane Glyph (Ram-San)
Demar - Life Glyph (Hem-Dok)

These are still among the basic glyphs and can be achieved early
on in the game. Here follows the glyphs that start to make the game intresting.

Kharkath - Black Ice (Ishkar-Rehmo)
Dhemien - The Nexus (Tahkar-Demar)
Belzar - Inferno's Heart (Rehmo-Ram-Ram)
Thaderas - Eye of the Storm (Ishkar-San-San)
Orack - Blightbringer (Rehmo-Dok-Hem)
Mariaxz - Frostheart (Ishkar-Demar)

Now these ones only come into play after 30 minutes of the game, that is
if it's a long game. They are basically empowered versions of tier 2 glyphs.

Ishariot - Frozen Glyph (Base Component)
Recula - Void Glyph (Base Component)
Dhakhar - Energy Glyph (Base Component)
Demaraz - Undying Glyph (Base Component)

Preview of Glyphs, the completely finished ones (icon, skills, colors, bonuses)

and the effect of the Ram Glyph

prevGlyph.jpg

prev.jpg

Q. So where do I get these Glyphs?

A. Good question, still not sure, I'm brainstorming if you want to help me.
Ideas so far are:

Hero kills (If I go with any other I think this will remain a source aswell)
Neutral creep drops (fragments*/complete glyphs)
Non-neutral creep drops (fragments*/complete glyphs)

::Removed Idea:: (Cus it sucked)

New idea - You get glyph remnants when you kill the opposite teams creeps, 5 remnants and you get an Uncharged Glyph which you must
take to an altar to charge. A hero kill will directly get you an Uncharged Glyph.
There will be 4 altars, 2 at each teams side, placed so that for tier 2 glyphs
and higher you need to move over to the other teams side.
(I think I'll go with this one!)

* put together 3 fragments for a glyph or something like that.

Q. Why not regular heroes with skills?

A. The reason I want to make this kind of map is because it requires teamplay,
Swapping glyphs between people to reach the best combination for your hero type
and playstyle.

YES, I do know that this may not occur that often in a random BNet game but when playing
with friends it may give your team that boost of strength that turns the game around.

Also I think it will make it more intresting when your best passive item bonuses might
have to be sacrificed in a tight situation to make it out alive. And as the spells
and abilities gained through using the glyphs are a necessity to inflict enough damage
to take down another hero on higher levels you never have gear that is unbalanced
compared to the others.

If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to answer.

All feedback is welcome!

CaptDeath

Reaction score
NICE!
So how do you combie?
this looks mega fun will really have feed back after i get back from a previous engagement
but if this is waht i think ill host this map so much it'll appear more than dota lol

CaptDeath

Reaction score
Ok color coded nice now how does one use the rune does it change into a active skill in that case how is it removed
this is a aos very unique i like the smell of it smells like napalm in the morning[figuratively speaking]
and you should have lots more heros but i take it that will be public alpha also make it interesting for single player ai if you want but what really works is like make the creeps a bit harder for single player so there is a challenging what i would like is if whilst line greinding a rune would drop but then youd get fruity so id like the altar idea better so you dont need the dps hero to get runes then there's more of a strato it

Megika

Reaction score
Looks like a really cool map.

Can't give any proper feedback, since there's no download link :rolleyes:

Btw, you didn't say the ingredients for "Aggramoz". Is that just a mistake, or do you only get that one through some special... thing?

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Ok color coded nice now how does one use the rune does it change into a active skill in that case how is it removed

You use it as you would any other actively used item, click it, and it dissapears from inventory and voila you got yourself a set of skills for 1 minute, all, in some way, relating to the glyph

so id like the altar idea better so you dont need the dps hero to get runes then there's more of a strato it

Taken into consideration :)

Can't give any proper feedback, since there's no download link

You can not give feedback on how it actually works, you can give feedback on the idea :p

Btw, you didn't say the ingredients for "Aggramoz". Is that just a mistake, or do you only get that one through some special... thing?

Some of the high tier glyphs have not been made yet and so I don't really know what their reciepes will be made up of :)

Thx foor the thoughts, any more and I would love to answer ;)

Edit: forgot to answer this one

and you should have lots more heros

Why? no heroes carry any skill and one ranged agility can differ from another completely by carrying another set of glyphs?
The only thing innate is range and primary attribute.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
Why? no heroes carry any skill and one ranged agility can differ from another completely by carrying another set of glyphs?
The only thing innate is range and primary attribute.
i forgot about that when i posted lol

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
This sounds very nice :). I will be waiting for release

Thx

And a question for thoose of you that think the concept seems fun (and any other for that matter).

Would you like to see the heroes with one innate ability aswell? as when you have the best glyphs there's still one ability spot left!

//==GooS

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
First of all, this looks awesome. :)

I think the heroes should have an innate ability, just to get things started and so that it adds another bit of originality to each player.

You said that players could swap glyphs with allies and stuff for a more strategic way of fighting, so what if they all gave their first glyphs to one player so he gets uber-buffed. Since it would be early game, the other players wouldn't lose out too much, lol.

Hm... I have an idea that could work for a lotta' games, but anyway, how about if you have a Player Item Trade Shop. Like allies can put their items/glyphs that they don't want into the place, and that item becomes a buyable item in that shop for other players. The price would be random, like [Original Item Price X Random Number Between .5 to 1.5]. That way you can't just give everything, and it would be more fun with trading.

Anyway, good job and good luck. I'll be waiting. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
You said that players could swap glyphs with allies and stuff for a more strategic way of fighting, so what if they all gave their first glyphs to one player so he gets uber-buffed. Since it would be early game, the other players wouldn't lose out too much, lol.

That could be a problem

Hm... I have an idea that could work for a lotta' games, but anyway, how about if you have a Player Item Trade Shop. Like allies can put their items/glyphs that they don't want into the place, and that item becomes a buyable item in that shop for other players. The price would be random, like [Original Item Price X Random Number Between .5 to 1.5]. That way you can't just give everything, and it would be more fun with trading.

And you solved it aswell :D that sounds like a great idea, even greater is that players wont be having any money at the start so uberbuffing one player at the beginning would be impossible. (y)

isnt the market place like that? like items sold to it can be sold like once

Never tried but I will :)

I think the heroes should have an innate ability, just to get things started and so that it adds another bit of originality to each player.

Oh and as for this, I'll probably go with some innate abilities, so that you don't feel so helpless at the start of the game :p

captainrads

Reaction score
This actually looks pretty cool...I don't normally like AoS maps because they're mostly about getting jacked up items with overpowered heroes, but this is a pretty good concept, it looks like it can really keep the game balanced for both new and veteran players. If you're going to add constant abilities, make sure they're relatively similar and not very strong.

So are there gonna be glyphs given at the start? I'm a bit confused there, though I would advise that doesn't happen and you make glyphs non-tradeable between players, use the glyph shop thing.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You should make it so too attack, it attacks in front of you and who ever is in front of you. You could get different glyphs to change this, like one will make a really long attack, and one will make it cleave. There could be also glyphs for the ranged like this, like say piercing shots.

Also, what captainrads said.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Thx, and as for:

So are there gonna be glyphs given at the start? I'm a bit confused there, though I would advise that doesn't happen and you make glyphs non-tradeable between players, use the glyph shop thing.

Each player will get one glyph in the beginning, I will use player shop so that one team cannot uberbuff another at the beginning but later on in the you can trade glyphs with the other players over the shop.

captainrads

Reaction score
Alright, that works well. You might wanna add a personal stash for players as well since all those glyphs could get crowded. Also, you mentioned that killing creeps and such would get you glyphs, but are there rewards for killing enemy heroes? I'd say that one of their glyphs should be dropped when they die or something, but keep a few item slots safe(like in Angel Arena). You could also make it depend on their position, like being killed on their side will cause a drop of one of your glyphs, but there is no penalty for being killed on your own side.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Yet again one of those AoS', but with a nice glyph-twist! I like the idea of it.

Congratulations!

This is the Map of the Week #8!

Hoping to see and experience a playable version, soon!

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Yet again one of those AoS', but with a nice glyph-twist! I like the idea of it.

Congratulations!

This is the Map of the Week #8!

Hoping to see and experience a playable version, soon!

WoW, thx :)

To give an Update:

Glyph System go!
Tier 1 and 2 glyphs done
Terrain 70%
Creep orders done (Walk, attack and a small AI)
Neutral creep respawn

Could probably do a beta soon :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.