AoS Transmutation - |Map of the Week #8|

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
have you checked noob friendly off your checklist?
also an aos i played had 3 items separated by categorized and had long ass tooltips that explained game play that were worth like 1 gold each
which made it a quick read then you could get going

Im thinking, the item is worth X amount, in shop there will be the four basic elemental glyphs, each of which costs X gold. So if it's you first time playing you will really see that there is an item, and you can't get the first Glyph before you have seen it, after the 1min start timer runs out they are removed and the game can begin.

Good idea btw, for the ones that want to play but havn't seen this thread or just are new to the game (wc3 that is)

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Maybe you have wrote somewhere if you want it or not (might missed it), but are you interrested in beta testers?
I will gladly help you!

-iPeez

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
If anyone wonders, map is on hold until I've learned a bit more JASS, it gets minor updates here and there the more I learn.

- Ignored after re-continue -

Maybe you have wrote somewhere if you want it or not (might missed it), but are you interrested in beta testers?
I will gladly help you!

When that time comes I will be glad to take you as a beta tester :)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
cant i be a beta tester?
or just open beta[as in non invite]

Sure you can, but the fact remains that the projects has been put on a bit of ice.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Hmm if I only knew, no but seriously I probably could make it into a beta in a day or two BUT I get so incredibly boored when working with it I'm sad to say. I'm more of a guy that likes story elements.

Nexor

Reaction score
GooS I tried to make a system similar to your, and I have to say I got it working, but I don't want to "copy" your idea, I was just about to improve my skills in triggering and in JASS.

May I continue my map using your idea?
The only idea I copied is the glyph system, that you can get items which give a minor bonus, and you are able to use them and get their power for a minute, after 1 minute you get the item back.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
May I continue my map using your idea?
The only idea I copied is the glyph system, that you can get items which give a minor bonus, and you are able to use them and get their power for a minute, after 1 minute you get the item back.

You can take the complete idea since if someone wants to continue this projects theme I'm more than glad to let them.

With this I declare this project discontinued.

BAD GOOS, FINISH THE PROJECT!

//==GooS

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
With this I declare the project re-continued.

Well I've never really finished a project of mine so lets change that, I'm working as hard as I can now on this map since it's the most 'original' idea I've had. Hopefully, NO, there WILL be a beta up as soon as I've got content enough for it!

//==GooS

PS:
You can take the complete idea since if someone wants to continue this projects theme I'm more than glad to let them.

Taking the idea is still allowed, then there will be competition in who can use it the best!

Most update posts up until now could be roughly ignored since remakes in system and removal of old real crappy coded spells.

For the new update log check post #0

The first thing I've started on is getting enough heroes for a beta.
So I started with that and some other stuff.

Update said:
o Heroes

- Rogue, 100%
Strength: 12(+1.6)
Agility: 19(+2.2)
Intelligence: 19(+2.2)
Innate: Stealth, while in stealth you become nearly invisible, creeps will not automatically engage you in combat and the first attack made while in stealth will cause (Int+Agi)*2 damage if behind the target you will cause an additional 1.5x damage. Any attacks made by or against you will cause stealth to break.

o Other
- Revamped Affliction System
- Fixed creepspawns
- Balanced the creeps damage/armor/health (Relative to hero)
- Added Victory/Loss conditions (yes, you heard me, there were none)
- Extended on Victory/Loss I've also added the Conduits and the Glyphs of Fortification which hold it invulnearable until killed.
- Up and with beta I will go with only One lane/path since I've not decided on the layout completely.
- Added to terrain

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol. Glad to see you back to work on this, :)
Does stealth for Rogue actually make you invisible or just transparent with like added non-enemy-auto-detection stuff?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
0_0 The maps back :D
Really loved the idea, its one of the 10 maps of the week! Would love to see this map when its completed!

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
lol. Glad to see you back to work on this,
0_0 The maps back
Really loved the idea, its one of the 10 maps of the week! Would love to see this map when its completed!
Glad to see it's still a wanted concept :D

Does stealth for Rogue actually make you invisible or just transparent with like added non-enemy-auto-detection stuff?

Stealth:

-Reduces alpha of unit to nearly 0
-Removes shadow
-Enemy creeps will no longer auto aquire you as a target
-Heroes may still auto aquire you
-Reduces movement speed
-First attack made while in stealth will cause (int+agi)*2 damage
-If behind the target it will cause an extra x1.5
-Any attacks made against or by you while in stealth will break stealth
-All afflictions fade when going in/out of stealth
-Going out of stealth will trigger a cooldown of 5 seconds on it (impossibility of spamming)
-No longer visible on the minimap

Thinking of adding

-First attack/spell made against you will have x% reduced damage.
-Only targeted spells will break stealth (no AoE)

//==GooS

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
So they can still be targeted if someone catches them with their eyes? Sounds good.
I think AoE should affect it, because in reality, everything is AoE. You need AoE to find the invisible man standing behind you!
:thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
So they can still be targeted if someone catches them with their eyes? Sounds good.
I think AoE should affect it, because in reality, everything is AoE. You need AoE to find the invisible man standing behind you!

AoE will damage but not break the stealth, so theoretically on could kill the guy without even knowing he was there.

But as an example it would be hard to escape an ability such as starfall since the effect will target the stealthed person, revealing his location.

Added to say is that I've added revive system and with it hero bounty, granting a single person the gold if he got the killing blow/all players on that team split it if creeps gets killing blow, the owner of the dying unit looses the gold (yeah, just like in DotA :p). But since I hate the waits in dota I'm keeping restime lower, with a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 60 second, even thinking of lowering it even more.

Question!:

still not sure on how one would go around aquire glyphs, as is I've only made the secondary way by getting Glyph Fragments from killing heroes, 2 glyph fragments form an Unpowered Glyph, the glyph is then Empowered by a NPC called Gelak the Scribe. I've completely remove the altars in which they were originally supposed to be empowered, because it just seemed to be slow and booring.

This leaves a primary glyph achievement way, which should be relatively easy in order to get fragments. at first I thought creepkills, but some heroes are towards support or healing, and so are glyphs so some people going in that direction would not get that many fragments, in extension, glyphs. So what do you all think?

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Why not try something like the rune system in DotA? Like Glyphs Fragments (or fake Glyph Fragments) spawn at certain locations. But maybe there are some Guardians or something guarding that area which will respawn whenever a Glyph Fragment spawns.

Alternatively, you can create this guy which goes around the place and ask you to do something based on your role. If you do the thing well enough, he gives you a Glyph Fragment as a reward.
For example, a healer hero talks to the guy. He will say something like, "Ah! Hello there. I see you are a healer, yes? My horse has taken quite a beating from some bandits that tried to rob me earlier today. Can you heal my horse, I shall reward your efforts handsomely if you do it well!"
Then you will have to heal the horse the guy is travelling with. If you do it well enough, you get a Glyph Fragment. If its not good enough, you just get a small sum of gold.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Quick Update, 0.26:

o Heroes

-Added Oathbreaker with Innate ability Possesion, further info in post #0 (NOT DONE)
-Added Warmonger with Innate ability Flurry, further info in post #0 (NOT DONE)
-Added Stormsinger with Innate ability Thunder Heart, further info in post #0 (NOT DONE)
-Added Highpeak Mauler as a concept, nothing done yet.

o Glyphs

-Added Ram,[Fire Glyph] Grants +2 to health regeneration and an extra 50 health when held in inventory.
Use: Fall into a fiery affliction, giving you a health regeneration bonus, also gives
you an armor bonus and the following abilities:
Fire Bolt - 120 DMG, 90MC, 10CD
Roar - +20% DMG Aura, 8 Sec Duration, 70MC, 20CD

-Added San,[Air Glyph] Grants +15% attack speed and +30 movement speed when held in inventory.
Use: Fall into an affliction of Air, giving you a movement and attack speed bonus and the following abilities:
Windwalk - 50 Bonus DMG, 5 Sec Duration ,110MC, 15CD (Note, not invisibility, high movespeed, no unit pathing)
Cyclone - Disable, 3 Sec Duration, 90MC, 20CD (Note, units getting close to the cyclone will get cycloned aswell.)

-Added Dok,[Water Glyph] Grants +50% to mana regeneration and an extra 50 mana when held in inventory.
Use: Fall into a Watery affliction, giving you a mana bonus, a mana regeneration aura and the following abilities:
Tidal Slam - 100 DMG, 250 AoE, 100MC, 15CD, Slows (Object Editor)
Elemental Water - Summon, 30 Sec Duration, 120MC, 60CD (Not regular Water Elementals)

-Added Ishkar, (Dok + San) [Cold Glyph] Grants +90% Mana Regeneration and +5 Intelligence when held in inventory.
Use: Go into a Frozen affliction, giving you a +10 Intelligence bonus, also gives you a freezing attack and
the following abilities:
Cold Snap|r - Slow, 2.5 Sec, 30 Damage, Stacking, 70MC, 2 CD (Slights triggered Object Editor skill)
Icebound Fortitude - Aura, +20% AP (Probably gonna change this since it's a caster Glyph)
Frost Nova - AoE Disable, 2 Sec, 80 DMG, 180MC, 25CD (Object Editor)

o Other

-Added four(ish) gamemodes, all pick, all random and easy modes on them.
-All Random, every player gets a random hero.
-All Pick, every player gets to choose his hero.
-Easymode, -em, -apem or -arem, Income and Experience increased, health of creeps and towers reduced, also slight reduction in armor on some and damage on some, bounty increased. Choosing only -em will default -arem since it requires a real gamemode beyond an easy setting.
-Worked even more on terrain since I wait hero hunting to be a big part of the game there are ALOT of small forest paths and terrain elevations to use in ones advantage.
-Changed all altars from Neutral Passive to private so that you can't steal anothers Glyph from within the altar and there's always an altar available.
-Added towers, yeah I know, starting to look like dota, but I will work as ahrd as I can against that.
-Finished tavern "system", so that there will be no mixups before mode selection, taverns will only become available for use if All Pick is part of the mode. Cameras will pan to them if that is the case.

As for this:

Why not try something like the rune system in DotA? Like Glyphs Fragments (or fake Glyph Fragments) spawn at certain locations. But maybe there are some Guardians or something guarding that area which will respawn whenever a Glyph Fragment spawns.

Alternatively, you can create this guy which goes around the place and ask you to do something based on your role. If you do the thing well enough, he gives you a Glyph Fragment as a reward.
For example, a healer hero talks to the guy. He will say something like, "Ah! Hello there. I see you are a healer, yes? My horse has taken quite a beating from some bandits that tried to rob me earlier today. Can you heal my horse, I shall reward your efforts handsomely if you do it well!"
Then you will have to heal the horse the guy is travelling with. If you do it well enough, you get a Glyph Fragment. If its not good enough, you just get a small sum of gold.

Glyphs should be easy to achieve since they are actively often to get abilities, so basically you should be able to get a new glyph roughly every 3 minutes or so, keeping those you need in order for higher level ones.

Your first lacks in multi usage, 10 players cannot split on such events when the reward is so vital to the game.

You second I think would take to much time and fit better into an RPG than an AoS.

But thx anyway, If you have any other suggestions plz go ahead :)

//==GooS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.