Transparancy (not invisibility), not 'stackable' with shadowmeld

MP®

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to make a unit permanent 50% transparent (like you can do with the trigger action [Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency]

But this unit has also shadowmeld, and whenever the effect of shadowmeld stops (because the unit moves again) the transparancy is @ 0.00% again...

Now I thought that there is an ability that makes the unit transparent without making it invisible, I thought it was Ghost (visible), but this doesn't seem to work (nothing happens). When I use normal Ghost, the unit IS invisible, which I don't want.

Is there another ability that makes the unit transparent? Or should I trigger it? (by giving the unit the transparancy every time again when it receives an order?)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Ghost visible makes the units pathing be ignored by other units so that the movement is not obstructed.
What might work out as a work around could be permanent invisibility with an incredibly long cooldown.
But i dont know how that would interfere with shadowmeld.

MP®

Reaction score
Long cooldown doesn't work, but I suppose you mean duration (fading time from visible to invisible), and this doesn't work either, because the unit will fade that slow, that you can't see the difference..

Kayoss666

Reaction score
just make a trigger when a unit finishes casting a ability and put a wait then reset transparancy

MP®

Reaction score
that won't work I think, because the unit does not cast an ability. Shadowmeld is a 'semi-passive' ability, which works automatically when standing still..

Kayoss666

Reaction score
do you think something like this might work?
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • ((Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))) or ((Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack)))
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Warden
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency

MP®

Reaction score
Yeah I think so.. I was thinking of this too, but I was hoping there was an easier way, which doesn't need to make a trigger run 1000x per minute

Better to remove the issued order condition btw..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.