Trigger Editor LF Work

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
First time posting on this forum :thup:

I'm just wondering if there are any people out there that needs any help with triggering for any maps you're creating. I'm bored and need something to do, + I really hate terrain-work :banghead:

So if there is anyone who needs anything talk to me pleaaaaase, I''m going insane with boredom. :nuts:

vespt

Reaction score
Well if you could work this out I would be pretty happy :p
the origianl ideia was to in each special effect do 100 dmg 250 AoE... but if u could put it without leaks it should give u enogh work....
Majo leak: only stops when kills the unit
Code:
Lighning Strike
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Lightning Strike 
    Actions
        Set LS_caster = (Casting unit)
        Set LS_target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set LS_check = False
        Set LS_integer = 0.00
        Unit - Pause LS_caster
        Trigger - Turn on Lightning Strike Act <gen>
        Wait until (LS_check Equal to True), checking every 0.10 seconds
        Trigger - Turn off Lightning Strike Act <gen>
        Unit - Unpause LS_caster
        Set LS_integer = 0.00
        Unit - Cause LS_caster to damage LS_target, dealing (200.00 x (Real((Level of Lightning Strike  for LS_caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Code:
Lighning Strike
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Lightning Strike 
    Actions
        Set LS_caster = (Casting unit)
        Set LS_target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set LS_check = False
        Set LS_integer = 0.00
        Unit - Pause LS_caster
        Trigger - Turn on Lightning Strike Act <gen>
        Wait until (LS_check Equal to True), checking every 0.10 seconds
        Trigger - Turn off Lightning Strike Act <gen>
        Unit - Unpause LS_caster
        Set LS_integer = 0.00
        Unit - Cause LS_caster to damage LS_target, dealing (200.00 x (Real((Level of Lightning Strike  for LS_caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Thx in advance

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
let me get this straight, you want a trigger which will damage units for 100 damage when they are hit and 250 in an area around it?

vespt

Reaction score
Sorry to take this longbut i was in bed alrdy :S
The objective is to damage a enemy 4 200dmg but i put a special effect of thunder clap every 50ms until it reaches the targer....
So the objective was to damage the target for 200dmg and in every 50 ms until it reaches the target do a thunder clap(could be a dummy unit doing for example)....

Any doubts ask :S Thx

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
Hmm ok

Hmm ok, I will try and get back to you. Might take a while though seeing as I am going on vacation soon:shades: If you don't hear from me I will try when I get back.

Nexor

Reaction score
add the dummy unit the ability locust, because I could order it to move.
with locust it will be untargetable

M

Marvos

Hey. I'm making a TD map and I managed to figure out quite some of them triggers, but i still need some help with spawning builders, lives, leaking and that multiboard that shows the time till next level, etc... The tutorial has already been posted here (http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45616). If you scroll down a third of the page you get to Part III: Triggerwerkz. And thats where I stop. I dont know how to make those variables
_variable.gif
and that green cross thingy. :/ Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
ok thanks Nexor;) learning new things still:p

Ok I've changed the locust thing so the missiles are un-targetable. This is the updated version.

http://www.freewebs.com/zhirgoyt/Wave System Trigger Testing.w3x

Hey. I'm making a TD map and I managed to figure out quite some of them triggers, but i still need some help with spawning builders, lives, leaking and that multiboard that shows the time till next level, etc... The tutorial has already been posted here (http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45616). If you scroll down a third of the page you get to Part III: Triggerwerkz. And thats where I stop. I dont know how to make those variables
_variable.gif
and that green cross thingy. :/ Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The variables are created by pushing a button on the toolbar of your trigger editor, that looks like the green cross thing you're talking about but instead it's golden. When pushed this brings up another window. There push the green cross and write the names of the variables as shown in the tutorial, also change the variable type to what is shown in the page. The other ones I have never seen before and they seem to be more comments than anything else. I would advise you to write this trigger without the red variable things.

If you want I could write the thing out for you and send it to you... but the best thing is to learn by doing:thup:

Good luck!

WilliamPa

Reaction score
Here is 35 level long TD. There is all timers etc. But just 3p coz i created it to play with my friends ^^

Attachments

• shock tower defense.w3x
    54 KB · Views: 99
M

Marvos

Ah, yes, that helped A LOT. Now i made my first TD map :thup:. There are 2 other things I could use some help with.
The first one is quite embarassing: My TD is set to victory if all units belonging to brown are killed and there are no further levels(occurs 4 seconds after that), BUT its also set to lose if all lives have been lost(1.5 seconds). So, here's what happens: I get to the final wave with 1 live left, and the last unit of that wave leaks. The game then displays Defeat for 1.5 seconds and Victory after that... And way to fix that?
The second thing is: In Gem TD and Element TD the towers are painted(blue, black, etc...)from their original color. How can I do that?

Aphurea

Reaction score
How good are you exactly at triggering? Do you know JASS or are you only just getting into it?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
for previous post about colors, change the color values of Red Green Blue in the object editor, you can find RGB numbers on google search.

WilliamPa

Reaction score
Use the same victory and defeat as my map did? It checked the lives every time a mob went thru the maze. If lives were 0, it just defeated players ^^ Then i used the event "Player 12 food becomes equal to 0"(make sure all runners eat food :p), Then it started leveluptimers etc... And checked if level is 35, if it was, it gives victory to all players. =)

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
about the victory thing, you could just do like this. In the defeat trigger, have it do Turn off "Victory" trigger the first thing it does. That way it won't run at all. hope that helps

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.