Trigger Editor Slow

futeki

Reaction score
I'm having a lot of trouble, especially now that I've got quite a few custom units when using the trigger editor. For some reason it gets rather slow when selecting the option of a unit or creating a trigger involving a unit.

For example, if I'm creating a condition for a Unit Classification Check, when I click the link to select a function (Triggering Unit, etc.) involving that unit, it takes on average 7-10 seconds to load. Anyway to speed this up or is it just tough luck?

FYI, Brush List is set to off (unchecked).

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Usually this is caused by a simple matter of "Too Many Doodads" or "Too Many Units"

Try to clean your map up a little. Maps of epic size may look neat with 200000 doodads, but they sure won't run as good as you want them to.

futeki

Reaction score
Usually this is caused by a simple matter of "Too Many Doodads" or "Too Many Units"

Try to clean your map up a little. Maps of epic size may look neat with 200000 doodads, but they sure won't run as good as you want them to.

I figured it was something like that, I've tried cleaning up some stuff... but enjoy decorations. I only have 4600 doodads, so it's not too bad. I've seen maps with a lot more.

I think the problem is units, I have about 700 units that are just props for the map maybe taking down that number will help?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Agree with Tyman on this one. It's usually just your computer groaning under the weight it's being put under...

Edit: Just saw your latest post. Clear the units up as much as possible, try using doodads with unit models maybe. I know that units take a lot of processing in creation and maintenance because of the tons of stats and capabilities they have...

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
You say its whenever you deal with units correct?

Try reducing the number of units in your map.

Save a backup of your map, then select every unit, then press the "Delete" key. If you accidentally save or have auto-save on, the backup will get back your units. Try out the functions with no units on the map. See if it still lags. If it does, it's a unit problem, if it doesn't, then we'll have to try something else.

futeki

Reaction score
Agree with Tyman on this one. It's usually just your computer groaning under the weight it's being put under...

Edit: Just saw your latest post. Clear the units up as much as possible, try using doodads with unit models maybe. I know that units take a lot of processing in creation and maintenance because of the tons of stats and capabilities they have...

Is there a way to replace units with doodads?

I cleaned up over 400 units, and that reduced the map size considerably, like 200kb.

futeki

Reaction score
Well, I'm down to around 80 units, most of which are vendors. It's about 2 seconds faster, but still slow... Any other ideas?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.