Trigger Failure

nolabel

Reaction score
So a few of my triggers just all the sudden stopped working. Everyone ever experience this before and know how to fix it?

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
array size above 999 usually have that effect for me

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Check your periodic triggers; or
Disable a handful of triggers and test it (isolate sections to find the source of the problems)

Perhaps you have too many triggers operating at once that they cease to terminate. But I might be wrong, is there by any chance a Trigger that disables other triggers?

Does every single Trigger not function?
Run a test trigger (Periodic with displayed text), what does that do?

nolabel

Reaction score
Oh boy. I see it's time for me to do some more explaining which I really dreaded. The problem I'm running into is going to take a bit of effort to explain.

Basically I'm making custom heros. When I do this, I'll right click on an existing hero in the Object Editor, and select "New Custom Unit".

I've done this for a total of three new heros so far and all is fine and wonderful.

So I embark on making a 4th custom hero using the EXACT same method as the last three.

All of my heros have triggers applyed to them that limit the player from training more than one hero. All of these triggers worked perfectly too. So I used the same exact method as my last 3 heros and applied similar triggers to the 4th hero, but making sure they're were setup to work for that hero only just like the other 3 heros whom have they're own triggers.

So basically to sum things up so far: I have a total of 4 custom heros and each hero has a trigger set to limit the training of hero to no greater than 1.

However it's now time for the "problem". Once the 4th hero was created and ready to go, every time I play the game and train him, the game lets me train as many as I want, including the other 3 heros!!! WHY!? Why is this happening when the same steps, the same formula, the same triggers, whiched worked for my last 3 heros isn't working for the 4th one?! I even scrapped the 4th hero including the triggers and did it all over again using a different base for the hero this time. Still the same problem!

So what the hell is going on?! Why just this 4th hero!? ARG!

Smitty

Reaction score
Did you put all the relevant units as heroes in gameplay constants? Other than that, it sounds like what I get if I have an array which is too big (as polo2005 said). You have NO. IDEA. how F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-N-G it was trying to work out what was going on. It literally happened on 3 different maps (all backups of the same project) and took me over 24 hours of franticness to figure out. Seriously, check your arrays. And also Gameplay constants. And hang in there man! We're doing our best! Stay sane.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Try removing that 4th hero's triggers, and see if everything still works.

nolabel

Reaction score
OMG!!! It was the gameplay constants all along! Something that I had done so long ago for the first 3 heros that I completely forgot that step once I made the 4th one! RAWR SAUCE!

Needless to say that smitty saved the day.

Smitty

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a cape, learning to fly, wearing a pair of Y fronts over my trousers and calling myself Smittyman. Then I can save lots of people's days :D

nolabel

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a cape, learning to fly, wearing a pair of Y fronts over my trousers and calling myself Smittyman. Then I can save lots of people's days :D

If you're ever serious about that than go to mooncostumes.com

They custom make stuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.