Triggering Player on a Neutral abilty?

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
OK, I have an ability, and I want it so everyone can use it but only on their own units. I made a neutral building (like a goblin laboratory), put on the ability, and tried to make it only target own units in the Targets Allowed field. I couldn't get it to work, so I tried just making it fail in a trigger. The problem is that Triggering Player gives the owner of the neutral building, which "officially" cast the spell.

I thought about making each player have the building be their own (by GetLocalPlayer()), but I'm not sure this would be safe from desyncs.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Korolen

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Mind explaining what this spell is? What it does/supposed to do? What spell you based it of when you created it. And all other stuff about the spell that might be good to know..

Also, not sure if I understand.. What does the building (goblin laboratory) has to do with this spell? :confused:

If you want a certain spell (like a buff) to affect all units in the map. Try using a dummy unit to cast the spell over each unit.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Mind explaining what this spell is? What it does/supposed to do? What spell you based it of when you created it. And all other stuff about the spell that might be good to know..

Also, not sure if I understand.. What does the building (goblin laboratory) has to do with this spell? :confused:
QUOTE]

i think it might be healing spell or a active spell thats what most of them are used for after all.
Having the build will help you cast the spell when the unit reaches it
Is the above right? I think so :p

so you want the building to cast the spell when the owner comes near?
maybe this will help
Code:
Something
Event - Unit comes within 200 range of a building
Condition - (Triggering Unit) is equal to (Building) equal to true))
                (Triggering Unit) equal to goblin001<gen>
                (Entering Unit) equal to (Owned by (Player 1 Red))
Action - Order (Triggering Unit) to Cast Windwalk on (Entering Unit)
something like that havnt been on WE for a long time

Exide

Reaction score
i think it might be healing spell or a active spell thats what most of them are used for after all.
Having the build will help you cast the spell when the unit reaches it
Is the above right? I think so :p

-If it is for healing, then he might as well use a fountain of health/mana. :p

Korolen

Reaction score
Sorry if I was ambiguous about exactly what I wanted.

The spell is based off of Channel... it's used so a player can indicate which one of his units will be participating in the next contest (which happens every minute).

On a side note, I want it so each player can use the ability once (i.e. can only nominate one of his units). Again, would using GetLocalPlayer() and removing the ability for the person who just cast it, but not for everyone else, cause a desync? Like, would his local instance of Warcraft say "Hey, that player can't cast that ability... it was removed a while ago!"

I just thought of something that wouldn't cause a desync... every player has their own building at the same spot, and, locally, every other player's building is transparent.

If there isn't an easy answer to make a simple neutral building work, I'll try ^that^, and if that doesnt work, I'll just make everyone have their own base at their own spot that the other players can see.

...And if that doesn't work, I'll buy you a mocking bird...

Exide

Reaction score
Not quite sure if I understand, still. :p
How about using a teleport to another room (the arena, or whatever), to indicate that "this is the unit that I want to use".

Korolen

Reaction score
I tried locally turning everyone else's building transparent and infinitely small and it doesn't desync (or at least I don't think it desyncs), so thats what I'm using now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.