Triggers - Quests

R

Regicid3

i have done a quest with this tutorial and it was a great help but now whenever i test map the little lumber and food icons arent there its just a green box, help?

S

Skipper

((Region centered at (Position of Captain 0009 ) with size (400.00, 400.00)) contains Paladin 0018 ) Equal to True - is what conditions-sry for my bad english, becouse i am from czech republic

S

Sohvaperuna

Great tutorial, i've learned a lot from it. But i have one question thats been my problem for some time. Its about Game messages, can you send the message to only one player, without making the trigger like this "Send text message to player1". Its pretty anoiying to make the same quest trigger for all players. So cant you send the text message to owner of triggering unit etc?

If someone could somehow help me, or even understand my problem, i would be appriciated ;)

-Sohvaperuna

M

MysterySoul

Although it's a good tutorial, jus' looking at the trigger codes make me confused... it's complicated... i wonder where i find description for all the codes... (parts of the codes, etc.) :eek:

Well, i got both RoC and FTF in the same box from a player who had put it in auction, cheap.

L

lonescorpion

?

I'm not very good at making maps... I dont understand that part ((Region centered at (Position of Captain 0009 <gen>)

Corleone

Reaction score
I'm not very good at making maps... I dont understand that part ((Region centered at (Position of Captain 0009 <gen>)

It means there's a region ( area/rectangle/square ) in the map and it's center is located at the position of a specific unit.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I don't think I really need to explain anything for this part of the trigger so i'll just post up, what I think is good for it to look like:
Code:
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
        Kobold_Killed Equal to 10
    Then - Actions
        Sound - Play GoodJob <gen>
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Return to the Capta...
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
    Else - Actions
        Do Nothing

So it's just saying if you reach 10/10 it will display a little message, and i've added a sound in for good will.

Final look:
Code:
aKill Kobolds
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Kobold Tunneler  
                (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Kobold Geomancer
    Actions
        Set Kobold_Killed = (Kobold_Killed + 1)
        Game - Display to (All players) for 3.00 seconds the text: (((String(Kobold_Killed)) + /10) +  Kobolds Killed.)
            If - Conditions
                Kobold_Killed Equal to 10
            Then - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: Return to the Captain for your Reward.
            Else - Actions

Great tutorial, but in the top quote (see above) there is a MAJOR problem but is easy to fix. The problem wasn't in the first code, but it was in the second code. Here is what you put in the first code which is correct:
Code:
Else - Actions:
Do Nothing
Nothing wrong, but in the second code, you put this:
Code:
Else - Actions
Uh-oh, I tested it with the second code (a different quest though ofcourse) and for the text, it only showed up once. Turning off the trigger in the else actions will automatically have it turned off and unable to work. To fix this, just have it like this instead:

Code:
Then - Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: Return to the Capta...
Else - Actions
Do Nothing
That time, you put it in the Then - Actions which is correct. Other than that little but MAJOR problem, this is an absolutely fantastic tutorial.
Without a doubt, 5/5
Great job Husky!
~PurgeandFire11

HEAD BANGER!!! :banghead: :banghead:

C

Chronos

Set Kobold_Killed = (Kobold_Killed + 1)

Plz can you explain how to make this trigger in a more comprensive language? i'm italian and don't know so much english plz^^:confused:

ROBBYDOBBY

Reaction score
So i decided to make a quest where you have to get an item, and i did quite a bit of it on my own. but it dosen't work. can you see the problem?
TRIGGER 1:
Code:
Killing the bandit lord
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    Conditions
        (Triggering unit) Equal to Villager (Male 2) 0027 <gen>
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: So you want some mo...
        Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: New quest: Your hea...
        Quest - Create a Required quest titled [8] Your head or my... with the description Objective: kill the..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNStormBrewmaster.blp
        Quest - Flash the quest dialog button
        Set Storms_head = (Last created quest)
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Trigger - Turn on Storms head <gen>
Trigger two
Code:
Storms head
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Dying unit) Equal to Storm 0065 <gen>
    Actions
        Set Storms_head2 = (Storms_head2 + 1)
        Set Storms_head_item = (Last created item)
        Game - Display to (All players) for 4.00 seconds the text: (((String(Storms_head2)) + /1) +  Storms head)
        Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: Return to Bob.  
        Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Completed
        Trigger - Turn on Returning storms head <gen>
Trigger 3
Code:
Returning storms head
    Events
        Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Villager (Male 2) 0027 <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Paladin 0052 <gen> has (Last created item)) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: Thank you,we will b...
                Quest - Destroy (Last created quest)
                Player - Add 200 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
can you see the problem?
thanks,
Btw Storms_head is the quest,Storms_head2 is the integer and storms_head_item is the item (ofc)

D

d-blade_x

Hey can anyone tell me how to do the If - Kobold_Killed Equal to 10 in trigger two? I thought it was in Trigger Comparison, where i put one value as Assassin_Killed, but I couldn't find out how to put the 10 in the second value.

Edit: This also happened with Condition in trigger 3.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I'm kinda getting back into mapping, so hey, I may be able to answer some question now :p .

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Hey can anyone tell me how to do the If - Kobold_Killed Equal to 10 in trigger two? I thought it was in Trigger Comparison, where i put one value as Assassin_Killed, but I couldn't find out how to put the 10 in the second value.

Edit: This also happened with Condition in trigger 3.

Integer Comparaison.

Weirdoze

Reaction score
sorry if I'm stupid

I can add a special effect but how to remove it the "destroy special effect" doesn't work..:confused:

W

WickedWalker

help :)

Maybe it's a silly question.. but how can i set this::confused:

Set Kobold_Killed_Quest = (Last created quest)

I tried to make quest variable.. But i can't select a initial value..
Plz help =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.