Minigame Troll Island Survival

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Troll Island Mini-Games (working title)

Description:

The idea behind this map is a collection of mini-games, hosted on a Troll island, where two enemy tribes come together annually to try and settle their differences through contest, instead of war. This of course doesn't last long, and many of the mini-games involve trying to kill the opposing tribe!
The map will be jungle and Troll themed, with mini-games revolving around coconuts, spears, wild boars, and other fun jungle stuffs! :p

I originally posted a thread asking for mini-game ideas, but I really had no direction or much motivation, so it quickly fell though. (Original thread)

What I need

Mini-Game Ideas
For the time being, I'll be creating the map myself, but I may need help in future. What I need though is more mini-map ideas! I'm looking for any fun mini-game ideas that are jungle or Troll themed, originality is a huge plus. Suggest any idea whether you think it can be made or not. Everyone who submits an idea will get a mention, and if I use it, you'll get lots of credit!

Terrainer
I need someone who is good at terraining and placing doodads to make good looking evironments. Mostly you'd be terraining a bunch of small areas for a mini-games. If you're interested, post or PM :D

I will keep the thread updated with my progress, as well as any promising, planned and finished mini-game ideas.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Reserved for mini-games :D

I give credit to anyone who comes up with a good idea, even if I change most of it (naturally, as the map developer I did change many of the original ideas to produce the ones below). Thanks again for people who submitted!

Planned Mini-games citing the person who thought of it, and original name (where applicable)
These mini-games are subject to change

Cave-in! idea by Whitesock

-For X reason you and your team mates are in cave, and the other tribe is trying to collapse it in on you
-You must make it out alive
-Falling debris to avoid, possible traps
-Possible simple abilities, like sprint

Coconut Madness! idea by Whitesock (Marble Madness)

-You have to race your coconut through the maze by rolling it around
-Try to roll through the maze quickly, but watch out, if you hit too many walls your coconut will burst
-Coconuts bounce off of each other and walls

Pyromaniacs! idea by Whitesock (Burners)

-Use fire to burn the other team, but be careful not to hurt your team mates
-Each player controls a Troll Pyromaniac, using fire spells to blast enemies
-One or two damage abilities to use
-Possibly, getting hit by a spell will cause you to catch fire and take damage while increasing run speed (while howling in pain!)

Spirit Maze! idea by Anything. (Labyrinth)

-Separated from your team mates, you must make it out of the Spirit Maze alive!
-Troll spirits like to play tricks, so watch out
-Use a torch to increase your sight and be more aware of traps
-If you're not careful, you're torch might get taken out by a trap (or you might!)

Sacrifice! idea by Anything. (Infernal Pit)

-The Gods are angry! Appease them by sacrificing yourself
-Don't let the other team sacrifice (kill) themselves first, or the Gods will punish you for not being devoted!
-Ways to kill yourself, possibly include fires, spikes, etc.

Boat Race! idea by Anything.

-Race your boat across part of the island!
-First team to get to the finish, wins
-Possible ways to race boat:
  • All players are in the same boat, working together to move it faster (activating a "row" ability or something)
  • Avoid water hazards like whirlpools
  • Try to stay in currents
  • Curse the enemy boat

Disembowelment! idea by Anything. (Disemboweling Death Tournament)

-A good ol' bloody arena fight
-Several high damage killing abilities available to make for a quick, bloody battle
-Tribe versus Tribe

Eruption! idea by Gravedigger (Volcano)

-The volcano God is angry! (of course!)
-You must race to the top of the volcano and throw yourself in to appease him
-On the way to the top, avoid lava/flaming boulders/other stuff that kills you
-Much like a combination of Sacrifice and Cave In

Boar Hunt! idea by Gravedigger (Duck Hunt)

-If there's one thing Trolls love as much as fighting, it's food!
-For now, the Trolls have stopped sticking each other with spears and are instead spearing boars for a feast. Even so, you can bet they'll turn it in to a competition!
-Throw your spears at boars running around in the distance
-Be the team to score the most pounds of meat! (more meat for larger boars)

Hexplosion! idea by quraji

-Similar to Disembowelment, only the Witch Doctors are in the ring this time
-Cast hexes on other Witch Doctors while defending yourself against attacks from them
-Several different types of hexes that do different things
-If your team manages to get one hex of each type on an enemy, they will explode! Yay!

Test Your Might! idea by me (from Mortal Kombat :D)

-Click your Troll to increase force
-Try to reach the recommended level of force and sustain it until time runs out
-If you are close to the recommended level of force, you break your "Totem of Might" and get a point for your team
-The team with the most points wins (a tie could be decided by which team spent the most time close to their required force level for the longest on average)

Test Your Mojo! to be changed!

-Similar to Test Your Might, only based on spells
-The whole team focuses on one "Totem of Mojo"
-Cast spells as fast as you can to fill your totem with Mojo, using hotkeys (ex: a,d,a,d,a,d,a,d...)
-Your team wins by filling your totem with Mojo, after which the totem kills the other team, woo!
-Must have a rotation of spells (you can only cast a spell once, then you must cast a different one)

Working on more...

quraji

zap
Reaction score
I've started working on the mini-games, and I was making "Test Your Mojo" and I got to the actual programming of the game part and unfortunately I think with the current idea it would be lame.
So, I've attached the map to give anyone who's interested a better idea of the layout (if you aren't interested in helping, don't bother, it's an unfinished extreme prototype). If anyone wants, please help me think of a better way to present this game (instead of the original idea of spamming spells, see above post).

Also, I still need more mini-games, please help me out with ideas!!

And, I've decided I will need someone to terrain, because I gave it a shot on my own and I'm terrible :p

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Um....terrain for me plx.

Seriously, that looks really good.

>Hope this helps you.
Not in the way that I was asking, but thanks!

P.S.- I was going to rep but I've given too much apparently :p

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Um....terrain for me plx.

Seriously, that looks really good.

>Hope this helps you.
Not in the way that I was asking, but thanks!

P.S.- I was going to rep but I've given too much apparently :p

Oh, lol. All I read was "I need terrain" lol.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Terrainer*

Someone to do lots for a bunch of mini-games :D

But that one you just did was really good, would you be interested in doing more?

(It was funny, because I was expecting any reply to say "Change the game to this" or something, but I saw your attachment and was confused. I opened it up and saw WE say "Loading Doodads xxx/300" and I was like "Okay....what the hell did he do" :p)

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Terrainer*

Someone to do lots for a bunch of mini-games :D

But that one you just did was really good, would you be interested in doing more?

(It was funny, because I was expecting any reply to say "Change the game to this" or something, but I saw your attachment and was confused. I opened it up and saw WE say "Loading Doodads xxx/300" and I was like "Okay....what the hell did he do" :p)

I'll do more if you want me to, haha. Just send me a PM.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.