Two accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
I found a post saying these exact words "you cannot have a seccond acount because its agianst the rules". Now arouses my question: why is it agianst the rules? I know it has to deal with a moral but i can't think of it at this period.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Abandoning an account and starting over again is OK. If we catch you abusing the multiple accounts though we would do something depending on the situation. We understand multiple personality disorder well at thehelper.net and as long as the two accounts are unaware of themselves you will not have a problem.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
If we catch you abusing the multiple accounts though we would do something depending on the situation.

Define abusing.

We understand multiple personality disorder well at thehelper.net and as long as the two accounts are unaware of themselves you will not have a problem.

What if we have 3 personalities? Or we want to "reserve" a name :D

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Well, what could possibly happen if, for example, and purely at random, I perma-banned, let's say Sil3nt and the next best new member like... what we had recently here... Batman?

Would also allow for bad puns like "You have the right to remain sil3nt" :p

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
>let's say Sil3nt and the next best new member like

I'll take that as a compliment.

>You have the right to remain sil3nt
lmao

edit- Pun indeed, either I stfu, or I keep my account. Let's hope it's the second one.

Batman

Reaction score
Well, what could possibly happen if, for example, and purely at random, I perma-banned, let's say Sil3nt and the next best new member like... what we had recently here... Batman?

You think you have suprised me, you are wrong. I have long known of your advanced technologies and tracking devices. But no matter how advance it is, you can never find the batcave.

Anyway, even if you manage to defeat me, Superman would stop you. Super [strength, speed, hearing, flight, vision], xray sight, heat vision, icey breath; that guy can do everything, he's just a bit retarded in the fashion department.

And for no particular reason at all
We understand multiple personality disorder well at thehelper.net and as long as the two accounts are unaware of themselves you will not have a problem.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
And for no particular reason at all

However if one of them goes into threads filling them with RP-style spam, there might be a problem. And I'm not just talking forum-wise. :nuts:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me spell it out for you.

The two accounts must not talk to each other, interact with each other at all. We understand multiple personalities but talking to yourself is just not allowed. If you came in and answered a bunch of questions for a year then wanted to do something you make another account and go to a different forum and start discussing. You have 2 accounts. We dont care. You get the ban hammer when you rep yourself and reply to your own posts, start talking about your other account, or whatever. It is just common sense stuff.

Another thing about multiple accounts, though I allow them according to the above it is not a feeling shared by all the staff (in other words I think I am the only one that does not care). I kinda get this feeling if you guys continue pressing this issue, asking for further definitions and such it might get squashed.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members with 2 accounts tend to spam. Simply. It's near inevitable; when they have an idea, they have 2 opportunities to post. Therefore, double the possibility of spam.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I ban second accounts when I become aware of them, usually.

Regardless of reasoning, unless it's a thing like "I forgot my password". Then I change the password, PM the account and soon after ban the second one.

:)

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
I don't see it as a major issue you only give one rep if you’re a new member and to create a new account would be the quickest off jobs and you would need different email address just to stay less detected it’s not a slow progress :s but it agents the rules so I don't suggest trying it just a waste of time and your more off a rep addict than everyone else

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Abandoning an account and starting over again is OK. If we catch you abusing the multiple accounts though we would do something depending on the situation. We understand multiple personality disorder well at thehelper.net and as long as the two accounts are unaware of themselves you will not have a problem.

Just like my split personality. And I had never thought it would end up here.

Yes, I did have two accounts interact together, got banned, and came back to face the problems I had with it. It still lingers. I still have two accounts, one is banned permanently, the other over-active as always. You may imply to others that you have two accounts, you may quote the sentences the older account had made, and you may tell others that you are a reincarnate, but you can't have two active accounts altogether talking together, such as the incident in Battle.Net, where more than 4 groups of people talked anonymously and got banned by the clan leader.

It's like "cloning" in the real world. It brings up a lot of controversy around it every time someone mentions to make clones, either from themselves or others.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
I don't see it as a major issue you only give one rep if you’re a new member and to create a new account would be the quickest off jobs and you would need different email address just to stay less detected it’s not a slow progress :s but it agents the rules so I don't suggest trying it just a waste of time and your more off a rep addict than everyone else

Admins can detect the ip's that log into the account so if you want to hide your identity then you need to change your IP every time you login to an alias. And if I did it, it wouldn't be for rep, that's a bit too obsessed imo.

@tom
How do you know if your account is banned? Can't login? Can't post? Just wondering.

I ban second accounts when I become aware of them, usually.

Regardless of reasoning, unless it's a thing like "I forgot my password". Then I change the password, PM the account and soon after ban the second one

:eek:..:(..:mad:..:thdown:....<3<3<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.