Two Attacks?

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was such a way to where a ranged hero attacks with his/her bow at 100-500 range and switches a sword at melee attack when they are 0-100 range. I am using this as a new hero for my map and I am curious if this can be done and how.

BuryAutumn

Reaction score
my guess would be to make two heroes and give the first one an ability based off the tinker's robo-tinker ability. one hero being the ranged and the second being the melee hero.

i'm sure some one here will make up something complicated with triggers though. :p

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
Oh okay, So your saying they click the ability and they become melee? And then they check it again and then they are ranged? That actually sounds good to me and I will use that also, but I was curious if there was a way to make it so they switch when they become in range of the attacking unit.. So its automatic? If you understand what I am asking for..

Pigger

Reaction score
You could also use a trigger, with the event of "A unit comes within range of unit" and whenever the trigger fires, replace it with the opposite version of your unit. Doing this would require two units, one ranged one melee.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Yes, there is a way to make it auto. All you have to do is a trigger or two.

Code:
Events:
Unit - Unit comes within X.XX of <Ranged>
Conditions:
Unit - (Entering Unit) is an enemy of (Owner of (<Ranged>))
Actions:
Unit - Replace <Ranged> with <Melee>

I'm not sure if that will work yet. Test it. I'm currently installing TFT so I can't test it myself.

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking of that trigger but I have three thoughts, one is won't the hero lookn a little glitchy being replaced with a trigger like that? Second, The hero level needs to be the same when switched. And I don't wan't it neccesarily when the hero comes to an enemy I want it to where when they order an attack and he attacks determened on the range..

Ex Wrong: Hero A (Ranged) attacks hero B (Enemy), Hero B come to hero A as melee close to him, Hero A switches targets to hero C (Enemy) and then instead of Ranged Hero A has to run to hero C...

Do you understand what I am trying to say?
Sevion I will try and test that trigger out anyways but how do I keep level and expierence the same?

Pigger

Reaction score
I would assume you could set a few variables. One for the exp amount, one for the level. Not 100% sure because this comp doesn't have WE.

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
What about the "I don't wan't it neccesarily when the hero comes to an enemy I want it to where when they order an attack and he attacks determened on the range.."

And I am not sure how I would use variables in this situation... I am sorry I am pretty much a noob..

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
You could use the unit in ranged trigger combined with an Orb ability. Set your hero to having 2 attacks, 1 enabled by default. The field Attack Index Enabled set to 2. Then add it/remove it when you want to switch range.

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
Yeah, well that would be like just giving the unit an "Avatar" ability switching types of attacks, I will probably use that if we cant find a trigg.. Thanks for your help guys.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.