System Twyddli's Basic Functions

T

Twyddli

Hey every one, I have created a bunch of Functions that may help you Learn JASS easier, or type it faster. Some of the functions i have created are really simple, allowing you to understand very basic things.

All my Functions do is call other functions, though i have made them call the other functions in a way that allows you to reduce how much you need to type, and what you need to type.
These are quite basic, and if you know a lot about JASS, then these could possibly reduce the quality of your JASS rather than increase it.
If you are a beginner at JASS, Then this may be able to help you learn more easily.

There are Five different Groups I have made so far, and i will continue to work on them. The Five groups are -

Creating Units
Unit Orders
Messaging Players
Changing Unit Face Angle
Waiting
Resources.

Getting The Functions In your game.
Ok, after you have downloaded my functions, they are in a notepad. Open up the note pad, and copy everything in there. Then open up your map editor, create the map you want, and click the trigger editor. The only trigger in there is called the name of your map, and it has a little map editor icon at the start of its name, click on this, then click on the bottom box, and push Ctrl + V that will paste all the functions in there. Then save your map and you can begin the the tutorial i will be posting.

Remember, this probably isn't any good for people who are REALLY good at Jass. It's more of a beginners thing.
Good luck

You can post your ideas for other Functions in this thread, but don't expect me to do them, I may or may not. Feed back is good.
Hope you like it. ;)
Good luck :cool:
If you want a tutorial for these functions, then go here > http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=521105#post521105
Edit: I removed a function that doesn't work.

Attachments

• Twyddli's Functions.txt
    30.6 KB · Views: 282

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
arent this all can get it in jasscraft?

And it is too short...can give more explanation about the function u typed in..?
Edit: Oh sry...didnt see the thread...xP
but u should explain it at that thread but not spam the same tut ...

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
arent this all can get it in jasscraft?

And it is too short...can give more explanation about the function u typed in..?

This text has custom-defined functions though... A bunch of them.. :)

They aren't accessable in JASSCraft. But they can be made in JASSCraft.

T

Twyddli

GaLs, If i were to talk more about the functions, i think i may end up just re wording my Tut. Or, are you saying that i should type up every function in here and talk a little bit about it? Because that would take quite some time.
I may make another thread, or post another part on the tutorial with a bunch of the functions, and what things they take.
;)

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
The first thing I noticed was, that your spawn functions doesn't take rawcodes and they don't return anything, which makes it's rather hard to refer to the unit your spawning, etc. let's say I want to add a ability to the spawned unit:
JASS:
function ...
    call SpawnUnitMapCenter(Player(0),"footman",0)
    call UnitAddAbility(?,'Avul')
endfunction
If the function returned a unit, it wouldn't be a problem:
JASS:
function ...
    local unit u = SpawnUnitMapCenter(Player(0),"footman",0)
    call UnitAddAbility(u,'Avul')
endfunction
Also most of your functions takes a rect, and then gets the location from the rect. A much faster and efficient way would be to change the rect parameter to a loc parameter.

T

Twyddli

Well, With the rects, i did this so that when the begginers first start doing JASS, they can still use thier Regions, quite easily. But i might change that. And i wll also make the spwn units return a unit. So we can refter to the created unit. Thanks for you Thoughts ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.