UI that shows allies resources

XzeaLL

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just copied a standart map (Steppes of War) and made it 2v2, no real 2v2, just player 1 and 3 have a base
and just made, that player 1 shares sight, control and resources with player 2, so that they play one base together (same for player 3 and 4).

Now i want to create a UI that shows player 2 the resources of player 1, but i dont know a sh*t about creating a UI.
Maybe you guys can show me a good video tutorial about a UI like this or even help me dircetly :/

btw. It does not mean i didnt tried to!

sry for my bad english and thx :)

DrCheeto

Reaction score
Well it is rather simple, make a under display make a display box, then make a display text, make the text equal to player property minerals, and update it every few seconds

XzeaLL

Reaction score
I finally created something that works, but the problem is, that the dialog is created endless times :/ and after some minutes its starting to lag :(, is there another way to just update the dialog items?

Events
Timer - Every 0.2 seconds of Real Time
Local Variables
Conditions
Actions
Dialog - Create a Modal dialog of size (300, 150) at (0, 20) relative to Top Right of screen
Dialog - Create a button for dialog (Last created dialog) with the dimensions (140, 50) anchored to Top with an offset of (0, 30) setting the tooltip to "Minerals" with button text (Text((Player 2 Minerals))) and the hover image set to ""
Dialog - Create a button for dialog (Last created dialog) with the dimensions (140, 50) anchored to Top with an offset of (0, 75) setting the tooltip to "Vespenegas" with button text (Text((Player 2 Vespene))) and the hover image set to ""
Dialog - Hide (Last created dialog) for Player3+4
Dialog - Show (Last created dialog) for Player1+2

Please help!

btw, thx cheeto for the info :D

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
create the setup once. refresh the text every .02 seconds. What you are doing is recreating the wheel every .02 seconds.

(so that should be two separate triggers: one that fires only once and creates the dialog box. the other that is periodic and changes the text on that box.)

XzeaLL

Reaction score
thx for now

but i need a better explanation, because im a newbie at mapping :(

sry, but pls help

SH4D0WS1N

Reaction score
Code:
    Events
        Map Initialization
    Local Variable
    Conditions
    Actions
        Dialog - Create a Modal dialog of size (300, 150) at (0, 20) relative to Top Right of screen
        Dialog - Show (Last created dialog) for Player 2
        Dialog - Show (Last created dialog) for Player 4
        Dialog - Create a button for dialog (Last created dialog) with the dimensions (140, 50) anchored to Top with an offset of (0, 30) setting the tooltip to "Minerals" with button text "0" and the hover image set to ""
        Set MineralsButton = (Last created dialog item)
        Dialog - Create a button for dialog (Last created dialog) with the dimensions (140, 50) anchored to Top with an offset of (0, 75) setting the tooltip to "Vespenegas" with button text "0" and the hover image set to ""
        Set VespeneButton = (Last created dialog item)
Code:
    Events
        Timer - Every 0.2 seconds of Real Time
    Local Variables
    Conditions
    Actions
         Dialog - Set MineralsButton text to (Text((Player 1 Minerals))) for Player 2
         Dialog - Set MineralsButton text to (Text((Player 3 Minerals))) for Player 4
         Dialog - Set VespeneButton text to (Text((Player 1 Vespene))) for Player 2
         Dialog - Set VespeneButton text to (Text((Player 3 Vespene))) for Player 4

XzeaLL

Reaction score
THANKS!! works perfect, I also got a Supplydisplay now :)

Thehelper.net is rly helpful ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.