RPG Un-named (O?)RPG

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
Hey, I have not found a name for this map yet, but since I wanted it to make a nice, large RPG map, to play with my friends over LAN (Dont think i'm going to upload it since I use models from hiveworkshop, and I dont want a mile long list of credits) but tell me what you think, and straight away I will tell you the purose of the game.

(This is GM island, the place where you start from the beginning, and where you will revive. the boats will be able to bring you to any city in the map. and so will the zeppelins.)
I posted this because I wanted early commentary, ofcourse this is 1% of the total map, and the part which is finished atm)
Terraining2.jpg

Terraining1.jpg

Now as for the game, I will now tell u a few things that I have not seen in many maps yet.

The whole game, exept for the camera work, is done in 1st person
because I am not hosting the game, I made the map size 486x486
486x486 in 1st person makes the map huge.
It is allso about reputation, im showing a multiboard displaying your reputation for a faction in numbers, and colours (red=hated)(green=friendly) etc.
Once you get friendly for one faction, the opposing faction will hate you.
I am planning to make ´faction wars´ making the player able to somehow start a war with the opposing faction, which will either be in 1st person, making the attack in AI, or switching the camera to above-vieuw so that you may control your units.
your friends may be in 1 faction, and you in the opposing faction, which makes you enemies.
Ofcourse that is just an aspect in the game, im making HUGE- roleplaying world which makes you able to group up with your friends, and oppose your enemies together, or against eatchother.

any suggestions, tips or commentary is appreciated.

Storyline.
For many years, the most powerful factions of the world, have been fighting for power, money, or sometimes a war was even started for respect, or religion. The lich, which is probably one of the most powerful factions, fights for power, and religon. Their idea of a perfect world, is a world where no life exists, no nature, only the lich and their lust for power.
The anchient troll tribes, long hidden in the forests, fight for religion, their ancient gods are the main aspect of their lust for power. Allso the trolls fight to avenge their loved ones, that died in ambushes by the Horde, and the Alliance.
The reason for the Burning Legion to fight remains unkown, many fear a great battle between the Burning Legion and the power of the lich king. Many say that the Burning Legion was started for revenge, others say the burning legion fight in this war because their homeland had been intruded.
Last but not least, there is another war, a smaller war tough. Between the horde and the alliance, the undead against the nightelves. Many people think that the Undead is lead by the lich king. The nightelves were a peaceful faction, until the undead attacked, and allmost vanished their capital city, maybe even their existence. Darnassus, the great nightelf city which was build around what was once the world tree, but cut down by the neverending search to death and decay by the undead.

Now the time has come for you erease the mess your father left, and either stop this war, or fight in it. The choise is up to you.

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
The terrain will take forever. Good luck though.

Well, I wanted to start a project that I could keep working on, and just start small, and then whenever I want to update it. If I would have made the map too small I bet I would have been out of space, which would have been a shame. PS. dont forget that the makers of DaoW did it aswell (Im not comparing myself to them ofcourse)

grognog

Reaction score
If u want help i could probably do some units and spells.
EDIT: also, the 1st person camera is kind of like Eclipse ORPG, only eclipse orpg has 3rd person camera.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
And maybe my Un-Named ORPG, and like 20 other ORPG's wih 3rd Person Camera that are never hosted. You can't really compare 3rd to 1st person. Also, it will be hard getting used to playing 1st person so you might want to make it smooth and not fly around everywhere.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.