RPG Un-Named ORPG

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Un-Named ORPG

Description: This map will be a huge dungeon with a starting city were you could train and level up against mini bosses and creeps. The big dungeon for this ORPG will be a deserted mine full of monsters, traps, secrets, and bosses to kill. Bosses can only be killed once. Mini Bosses outside the dungeon will revive. This will be a well-terrained map that will noticably resemble a city, a desert and a dungeon.

StoryLine:(To do)

Map Data

Map Size: 256/256

WorldMap:
Untitled-109.jpg

Legend:
Dark Brown represents the mountians(only outlined for now, not filled in)
Green represents the trolls
Sandy Brown represents the desert(orcs)
Everywhere else are were the other reigons will be.

Creeps:
Barrens:

Level 5 are mini bosses and Level 6 are bosses. Units appear equal to your level. If you have a lower level player, his level units will appear and the level between your and your allies level creeps will be made.

Level 1:
Centaur Scout
Quill Boar

Level 2:
Centaur Archer
Razormane Scout

Level 3:
Lizard
Centaur Warrior
Quill Boar Hunter

Level 4:
Centaur Sorcerer
Razormane Brute
Desert Lizard

Level 5:
Centaur Guard
Quill Boar Guard

Level 6:
Centaur Khan
Quill Boar Chieftain
Desert Lizard Deszaga

Hero's:

Orc:
1. Dazragul - Oracle of Fire
2. Duragor - City Founder and Leader(WarChief)

Troll:
(working on it)

Tauren:
(working on it)

Cities:
Orc: Duragor
Troll: Devasha
Tauren: (no name)

Zones:
Szahel Desert(orc)
Dergano Mountians(tauren)
Amazon Forest(troll)
Mount Deliha(gold mine)
Zahehale Forest(wilderness)

Hero's:

Warrior: Warriors are hero's that deal the most damage and take in the most damage so they are your front line. Warriors will have skills that will stun units, deal extra damage on attack and instante abilities that will heavily damage units around them. Hero's will be strength based and will have slowest cooldown.

Warrior Spells:
===============

1. Taunt
- Type: Instant
- Spell Description:
The Tauren Warrior taunt his surrounding enemies, causing them to attack him.
- Note: Not original, but more or less necessary.

//Done

2. Spirit Guidance
- Spell Description:
The tauren warrior channels to the antcestors for 3 seconds and summons the god to protect him. The tauren warrior won't take damage unless the god dies.

- Note: When hes channeling, make the unit first appear really faded and as the time passes, make him become more and more visible till its 100%. The level values aren't official, just displaying the gods stats. To change them, we could make upgrades that increase his stats or use bonus.

//Being Redone

3. ShockWave
- Type: Point Target
- Spell Description:
The tauren warrior slams his weapon into the ground causing a ripple in the ground to travel across a distance of 800. Does not travel through walls but can destroy certian objects.
- Note: The effect should be a shockwave with a actual wave in the ground. Use enviorment functions to create the wave.

4. Battle Rage
- Spell Description:
The Tauren Warrior goes in rage dealing extra damage to enemy units and also has a chance of pushing units away from him dealing extra damage to them.
- Note: Knockback is 300 range away, 10% chance

//Done

5. Beserk
- Type: No Target
- Spell Description:
The Tauren Warrior starts to gather rage and lets it out in all his attacks. The tauren warrior has a smaller cooldown and a quicker stamina regeneration speed and moves at a quicker speed. Only problem is that the tauren takes more damage when hit. The rage lasts for 20 seconds.
- Note:
Level 1: Stamina regenerates 5% faster, hero takes 4% more damage.
Level 2: Stamina regenerates 8% faster, hero takes 6% more damage.
Level 3: Stamina regenerates 11% faster, hero takes 8% more damage.

6. Tremor
- Type: No Target
- Spell Description:
The Tauren Warrior slams the ground causing the ground to ripple in every direction dealing damage to units around him and stunning them.
- Note:

Damage: High
Life: Very High
Armour: High
Cooldown: Low
Mana: Low

Warlock: Warlocks are hero's that help out allies by healing but most of all, deal masive damage with spells and are able to summon and weaken enemies. Warlocks are your back line and will back you up with buffs. Warlocks will be intelligent based.

Damage: Medium
Life: Medium
Armour: Low
Cooldown: High
Mana: Very High

Rogue: Rogues are stealthy hero's that deal the most damage but have the smallest life. Rogues must dodge attacks and do quick damage. The Rogues abilites include Blink Strike, Hide, etc. Rogues are agility based.

Rouge Spells:

1. Critical Strike
- Type: Passive
- Spell Description:
The rogue has trained for many years, up to a point where he can
easily pass through the defenses of even the most skilled swordsman,
cutting into their flesh.
Gives the rogue a x% chance to cut the target, opening a wound.
- Note: This affects the rogues other attacks.

2. Pinpoint weakness
- Type: Unit Target
- Spell Description:
Instantly seeing an opportunity to attack, the rogue strikes with deadly precision,
afflicting the target with <level> wounds. The unit loses life every second for 10 seconds.
- Note: Instantly adds the Wound debuff as in Elegant strikes.

3. Poison
- Type: Unit Target
- Spell Description:
The rogue's blades are dipped in toxic extracts, dealing <level> damage over
<level> time. The amount of damage dealt, depends on how many wounds the target has. Does not stack.
- Note: None

Damage: Very High
Life: Low
Armour: Low
Cooldown: High
Mana: High

More Hero's will be added on.

Systems:

Inventory System:
In the first versions, I will include a simple inventory system that allows you to have 1 weapon per arm, body armour, Helmet,etc and at the same time, carry potions and weapons that will aid you in battle. In the future, I hope to go more advance but for now, I will keep it simple.

Camera: Camera's that will be included are 3rd Person Camera and a camera that is a bit on your angle but similar to the default camera and it will be locked to your unit.

Running System:
You will be able to run but running uses up energy which you gain 0.7 per second. Maximum energy is 100 and running uses up 4 per second.

Good Terrain: The terrain will be perfected to resemble actual dungeons and villages.

Fog System: As the time of the day changes, the fog will change to darker at night and lighter during the day. There will also be different fogs in different area's for example, when you enter the city, the fog is kinda whiteish orange. When you enter the dungeon, it will be more darker and the fog will only affect you. There will also be a sun that rises and you could watch it if you like if your not inside the dungeon.

Zones: When entering different zones for the first time, you will have a cinematic showing around how the zone looks like to make it feel more of a RPG.

Weather System:
Weather Effects will be added and when it rains, puddles will be made and your attackspeed can lower. When its a hot day, your hero will lose life after some time and puddles will dry up.

Arrow Key Movement System: Pressin the arrow keys will move your hero instead of clicking. That way, your hero will move much quicker and you won't have troubles getting up hills and stuff.

WASD Camera System: Pressing WASD to change your camera rotation will be added but holding the key won't work.You need to keep pressing the key to move the cameraa and to reset the camera, type -reset. W would change the distance of your camera by increasing the height, A would move the camera to the left around your hero,S would zoom into your hero and decreasing your camera height, D would move your camera right around the hero.

Attachment System:
When getting items like swords and armour, your hero will actually have the items on you for example, when you equip a sword, your hero will have the same sword on his model.

Screenshots:
Untitled-101.jpg

Untitled-103.jpg

Untitled-108.jpg

Untitled-107.jpg

Untitled-110.jpg

Untitled-111.jpg

Untitled-112.jpg

Untitled-113.jpg

Untitled-117.jpg

Untitled-118.jpg

Untitled-119.jpg

Untitled-136.jpg

Untitled-137.jpg

What I Need: I need a trigger maker who can trigger map triggers and spells. Systems are already made by me or by other people. I need a model maker who can recreate the tree request(http://www.wc3c.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5122&d=1146148794) and be able to model tauren and troll hero's.

The Team:
D.V.D: Terrainer, Ideas, Story Writer
wellwish3r: Trigger
Embrace_It: Trigger

Progress:

Terrain:
City: 80%
Desert: 0%
Dungeon: 0%
Systems:
Combat System Melee: 100%
Combat System Range: 100%
Camera System: 100%
WASD Camera System: 100%
Inventory System: 0%
Running System: 0%
Fog System: 0%
Zones: 0%
Weather System: 0%
Arrow Key Movement System: 0%
Attachment System: 0%

Original Thread:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/un-named-orpg-129670/

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
Wow, the City looks really good, keep up the work! :thup:

EDIT: Reminds me at Orgrimmar ^.^
EDIT2: I would like to help you somehow and maybe you can show me how I terrain as good as you can.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I did copy some of Origimmar but its a bit different and not as big. Thanks for comment:).

EDIT: Updated Screenshots

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
I think that the palms dont fit with the area in the second screenshot.
It'd be better to use the ones from the first screenshot.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
If you are trying to imitate origimmar then it's better not to. WoW in THW does that already and I don't think they look good.

Screenshot looks okay but can you get on the bridge?

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Im not trying to remake Origimmar. I just got some idea's from it. Ill change the tree's and see how it looks. The bridges will be walkable and you could get off, just it looks like you can't maybe because of the angle.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
By the way, D.V.D

You are using custom Tree Models, right?
If yes, what was the doodad you covered?

Because if I cover Trees like "Ashenvale" etc. I only get green cubes while when I cover other doodads it displays.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
You don't replace other doodads. You just import the file,save the map, go to another map, load the imported map again and the doodads will show for you. If not, you didn't import all the skins. Now the problem with the barrens tree's that I used at the first pic is that they are too small and I don't want them to big in such small area's. They also will cover too much so the camera will be messed up. Here's a pic:

Untitled-104.jpg

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Im not going to use them. Im sticking with the palm tree's. Those tree's like said above mess up the camera because the leaves block what you are seeing.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Tutorials don't really help except the lightning tutorials. The normal tutorials really just show you another person's style of terraining. Thanks for the comment:).

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Yea it will have those bridges walkable and Im trying to make indoors for most of those buildings. Updated first post with screenies.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Invisible Platforms will work best. Or I could base the doodad of a bridge destructible.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Yes. Its going to use WASD keys to change the camera. The quicker you click, the faster it rotates.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.