Undead Evolution

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
This is the sequel to my earlier written Undead Encounter. So make sure you read that one first. Do not blame me for the CRAPTACULAR title. I suck at making them. This story is quite long. Enjoy.

"Are you ready for your first combat test?" My instructor asked. I had been training under his guidance for the past week.

"I am ready," I said confidently. A lot had happened in the past week. I found out I had a brother, who introduced me to himself personally... then decided to rid the world of me.

"Alright. You know the drill. Real swords, real consequences this time. No more training swords." He started to cast the teleportation spell. I saw the world around me ripple and then I felt like my stomach was going to turn inside out. I bent over in pain and closed my eyes. Then everything stopped.

I looked up. I was in the training dome. Like the Roman Coliseum but with a roof that allowed any condition to be simulated at any time. Standing away from me was my opponent. One of the older students whom had been here for years. He just stared at me, waiting for the instructor to start the match. I stood up and assumed a defensive stance, even balance on each foot and my hands up protecting my face. Although I don't think a sword with a razor sharp edge would have a problem with my hands if it really wanted to get to my face.

I looked at him intently and he suddenly started to change. No, I was having a flashback. I remember the fight I had against my brother a week ago. After he stabbed me. I blinked quickly and everything went back to normal.

"You okay over there?" I heard my instructor ask telepathically.

"Perfectly fine. Just thinking."

"Alright. I'm giving the signal to start the match," He replied.

I looked behind my opponent. There was a makeshift stop and go light behind him. The red light flashed. The yellow light flashed. The green light flashed. A siren went off.

I opened my eyes to a dark sky full of stars. I sat up and looked at the dying campfire. My brother was sleeping opposite of it. I was dreaming of my past. The old days when I found out I was the Dragon Knight, when I found out that I had the potential to be the strongest being in this universe at a moment's notice, when I found out that my brother is a backstabbing liar who works for the Death Knight Master.

I looked around. I saw the same old barren landscape that I've been walking on for the past day. I was hoping this "mission" wouldn't last for more than a day, but I guess you can't find a good pilot who is willing to fly into undead infested areas, land a plane, and then wait for two teenagers to kill a necromancer. I guess that is life. Or my life at least.

I laid back down. I put one arm under my head, the other over my eyes, and fell back asleep.

The siren went off. The other student lunged at me. He was fast! Very fast! Quicker then I could react, he was next to me. I instinctively jumped back. I tried to predict his next move. Too slow! He swung his sword in an arc and I had no choice but to duck... just in time to see his foot coming up towards me. I rolled out to my left, just passing over his foot but under his sword. I did another roll to my left and I landed on my feet, quickly assuming the defensive position again.

"Very good," my instructor said telepathically.

The student stopped dead in his tracks and slowly turned towards me. He gave a cruel smile then lunged at me again. He wasn't going to make the same mistake again. He would get me this time. Except... he was going slower. A lot slower. So slow in fact that I felt that everything around me was going slower. I ignored it and focused on my target. He had covered half the ground between us. I jumped towards him. No reaction. I slid one of my hands just over his blade and slid the other one under his blade. My top hand grabbed on to the sword hilt. Still no reaction from him. My bottom hand pushed out on him and my top one pulled the sword right out of his hand. He hit the ground and everything seemed to return to normal... except the look on his face. He was shocked.

"What... ho....How the hell did you do that!?" I looked at his sword in my hand.

“He is the Dragon Knight," My instructor said. He somehow managed to get next to us without me realizing it. “He can do things that are unexplainable.” The other student looked at me harshly as though it was my fault.

“I didn’t want this responsibility,” I complained.

“You don’t have a say in the matter. The only person who does is the last Dragon Knight.” He turned around and walked away slowly. “Today’s lesson is over. Go to your rooms and get cleaned up for dinner.”

I opened my eyes again. This time I saw the horizon light with color. I sat up and looked in the direction of the necromancer’s citadel. The sky around it was just as dark as the night before.

“It is about time you got up,” my brother said.

“It is not my fault your snoring kept me up last night,” I lied.

“I don’t sleep dear brother. Nice try though,” he let a smile cross his face as he said that. It left as soon as it appeared.

He stood up and kicked one of the rocks near the dead campfire. He started walking towards the citadel. I sighed and got up. I dusted off my pants and started walking with him.

We walked for what seemed like hours. Sure we had a few skirmishes with some of the dead, but it was still a long time. But it was worth it. The gap between us and the citadel closed and we reached its gates.

“Now comes the fun part,” my brother laughed. I reached back and grabbed my sword. I saw my brother do the same as he pushed open the door, the door that was taller than my house. He stepped in and I followed.

The first thing that hit me was the thick air. It smelt like burning flesh. It was too damn dark in there to see anything. My brother put his hand up and started channeling energy between the gaps of his fingers, creating a small light.

“Alright. Split up and find where the bastard is hiding,” He said. “Try not to get yourself killed.” He walked down a hallway and turned a corner. I watched as his light dimmed from my view then disappeared.

“Specter,” I said. I felt his presence leave my body and he appeared before me. Specter is my dragon familiar, as every Dragon Knight before me has had one. He is part ghost, not much bigger then my torso, glows with a faint green light, and he frequently helps me win battles.
“Go out ahead of me and light up any candles you can find.” He flew off to my left and blew his green ghostly fire on one of the candles there. It lit up with a green fire and burned brightly. He flew down the hall a bit and did the same thing to another candle. I quickly followed him down the hallway.

As I walked down the hallway I saw things that were not even describable. There were piles of mutilated bodies, piles of appeared to be flesh, and the walls were charred and broken. I was looking at something disgusting on the ground when I caught one of the candles behind me go out. Candles don’t do that unless something puts them out. I kept walking but I was watching over my shoulder.

“Something is behind us,” Specter said telepathically. “It has been following us but it keeps its distance.”

“Go through the walls and take it out. I don’t want anything following me,” I replied. I saw Specter fly through the wall in front of me. I kept walking. Suddenly he flew back through the wall next to me and right into my body.

“More! Both ways. They know we know they are here. All of them have weapons!” I lifted up my sword and put some energy into it. Its glow lit up the entire hallway and I saw many mutilated bodies moving towards me. I turned around and saw the same thing behind me.
I quickly stuck my hand out and shot multiple balls of fire at the anomalies before me. The fire went right around them or just bounced right off. I hesitated. That shouldn’t have happened. I swung my sword behind me and got one of them that tried to lunge me. I was hit in the head with something hard and I blacked out.

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
I need comments yo. Soz I bumps this topix

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Me gotsa da comments cmin rite ups! :)

That was a cool story. :) I like the fast-paced action and overall speedy... speed of it. Doesn't bore you anywhere because of that, but yet descriptions are still nice.

It was a bit confusing, though. I'll have to (re)read the first one perhaps. Were there any flashbacks or like past/future events? Maybe italicize them or something.

Good job! :thup:

EDIT: Mmm... I already read the previous one. I posted comments there by the way, as did others, left unanswered. Maybe you could look there. There was a lot if improvement in this one so I guess most of my comments/suggestions from the first one don't apply too much.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
Why thank you, glad i didn't bore you. I sorta dislike non-fastpaced books. That why I read action/adventure types.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.