Unholy Aura

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I'm using a variation of Unholy Aura with a new model on it for one of my buildings. It works perfectly on a guard tower, but the tower I'm using is too fat, and the whole aura is hidden. The Scaling Value must be (and is) 0.75.

Is there a way to get the Model larger without using triggers to manually place the aura?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Edit the model and import the new version?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't understand either of those solutions. The model is downloaded, so I probably won't edit it, and pre-placing is not available, because it's not a pre-placed building.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
He probably means when the building is created to create the effect at the position of the building.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
A simple answer can be made from your question, though still I am unsure if it is true.

There is no way for one to change the size of the special effects that will not base itself on the scale value of it's target. One of the only ways to do so is to not attach the special effect on the tower itself, but rather to (at least) create a unit or doodad with the model of the special effect, and will be created through a trigger when the building is made.

I'm sorry to say that though :<
WorldEdit sometimes pisses us of, eheheh x_x

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
A simple answer can be made from your question, though still I am unsure if it is true.

There is no way for one to change the size of the special effects that will not base itself on the scale value of it's target. One of the only ways to do so is to not attach the special effect on the tower itself, but rather to (at least) create a unit or doodad with the model of the special effect, and will be created through a trigger when the building is made.

I'm sorry to say that though :<
WorldEdit sometimes pisses us of, eheheh x_x

That isn't very simple, because you would still require triggers and dummies and hashtables. So you could have just said "No it's impossible to 'get the Model larger without using triggers to manually place the aura'" ;).

Dirac

Reaction score
Create a dummy using vexorian's dummy model at the towers position, add the aura to it and adjust it's scale to rezise the aura. Upon the tower's death pick every dummy within 50 of the tower, i think this cant cause any bugs since the tower itself has collision and no units can enter inside its collision range except for the dummy

SanKakU

Reaction score
i don't know about that, hydrarancher, from what i could tell, he was giving you a decent ammount of information, especially compared to the other posters, and also using dummies is a rather basic mapping thing.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
As far as I know auras that are attached to units follow the scaling value. Though if you go for a dummy aura it would take simple triggers. Since its a tower, it is immobile so all you need to do is detect when a structure's building process is started and create an aura dummy on its position (which has no collision), you could just adjust the event if you want the aura to appear when the construction is done. When the tower dies, just pick every dummy aura within 50 range of the tower and remove it, after all the tower should have the aura below it all the time since its immobile and other towers can't be built on it.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
As far as I know auras that are attached to units follow the scaling value. Though if you go for a dummy aura it would take simple triggers. Since its a tower, it is immobile so all you need to do is detect when a structure's building process is started and create an aura dummy on its position (which has no collision), you could just adjust the event if you want the aura to appear when the construction is done. When the tower dies, just pick every dummy aura within 50 range of the tower and remove it, after all the tower should have the aura below it all the time since its immobile and other towers can't be built on it.

Yeah I just used a hashtable and triggers to add the effect. Check the Tower Contest thread, my tower is there, you can see what I did if you want. :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.