Unit animation while moving and paused

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So i want a unit animation while the unit is Paused and moved with triggers every 0.01 second - This doesn't work and i have no idea why, is there any reason why?

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Moving = Move animation, cancels it, Pause = Unable to respond to orders. That's what I think. And moving unit with the action Move unit instantly, cancels orders and animation.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
meh.. so there is no way i can do animation while moving? Even if i make the animation before the movement?

Draphoelix

Reaction score
Dunno if it would work, replace the unit with an identical unit that its stop animation is replaced unit's move animation.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
But. like.. i need to look like he is "Moving" like normal walk. But while being moved by the action "Move Instantly". Is there no way?

so im gonna use the animation: Walk/Walk Fast

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
or, create unit.. do the hula, remove unit...

from point a, to point b...keep repeating.. and.. it will probably do the hula.

Draphoelix

Reaction score
It will looks so strange, if it's a slide trigger it needs at least 0.1 to be smooth, and a walk animation is about 1 second. He won't even do a half of the walk animation before it gets removed.

I don't think there's any way to do that. Ask a blizzard employee to do that for ya.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Use SetUnitX and SetUnitY , they should not stop unit from playing animation or doing other things. ( If Im not mistaken )

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I dont think those functions exist in GUI :/ , but they are really easy to use really. If you want, I can write you an exsample.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
uh, so why do you need to pause the unit?

just simply do :

Code:
Custom script:   call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Unit, 6)

the index changes per unit, but it is usually between 4 and 6 for walk animation. Then when you are done moving him just call the same script once except 1-3 you would have to test and it will stand. Change udg_Unit to whatever your unit variable is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.