Unit model art "always pointing north"

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
I'm making a map with my friend NeoMarine, and am wondering how I can easily make a unit's model art (Or a special effect that is attached to the unit, ability effect, etc), not rotate to the unit's current facing.

The reason I want this is is that the map I'm working on is a "clone" of Escape Maker, and the Maker makes his units fire by chosing the target by placing an unit that is invisible to other players, and selecting an option like "Fire [DELAY] after target unit fires," or "Snap aiming recepticle to grid". It just looks strage if the recepticle rotates when ordered to move.

ANYWAY, (I know, I get carried away,) thank you for your help in advance;
—Korolen

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
If you want to get all triggery, you could detect a unit ordered to move, make it stop, then save its movement order point and use a loop to instantly move it in small increments...

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
UnknowVector said:
If you want to get all triggery, you could detect a unit ordered to move, make it stop, then save its movement order point and use a loop to instantly move it in small increments...
True, but it would ignore terrain... Then again, I will probably make it flying TO ignore terrain......

Well, If I can't find any other meathods, then I will try that, however, I would prefer a simpler meathod ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.