Reaction score
Hi all. I bring you another Spell Pack.

It's all in GUI.

United Blink:
Teleports you and nearly unit in the selected point of spell
(Copy the ability and the trigger)

spellpack1sd4.jpg

Hunter Slash:
Charge towards an enemy unit with transperancy and dealing damage when arrives (Copy ability and Trigger)

spellpack2dh9.jpg

Vanish Area:
Make affected units to have eteral form and has a chanche to be strike by flames. (Copy Ability, Trigger And Dummy Unit)

spellpack3nh0.jpg

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please change the name of your spell maps. Spellpack1, spellpack2, spellpack3, spellpack4 aren't really descriptive names. I have all 4 in a folder and it's hard to tell which one's the one you want to open :p

--> United Blink

> Set UB_Group = (Units within 500.00 of UB_Caster_Loc matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of UB_Caster)) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is dead) Equal to False)))

It should only teleports units you own imo. Your allies don't necessarily want their units teleported away!

Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in UB_Group and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Set UB_Picked_Unit = (Position of (Picked unit))
        Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to UB_Target_Point
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at UB_Picked_Unit using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
[b]Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_UB_Picked_Unit)[/b]

Bolded text needs to be inside the loop.

Nice spell!

--> Vanish Area

Interesting.

There's one main problem: The area of effect is bigger than the flame strike's area of effect. Also, it is a bit odd that the spell has 1 out of 4 chances of happening... Just make it 100%. It's useless as it is right now, especially that your hero's other attack isn't spell-based.

--> Hunter Slash

God! :eek:

I lost my Demon Hunter when I casted this spell. He went outside the map's limits!

Code:
Hunter Slash Motion
    Events
        Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set HS_Caster_Loc = (Position of HS_Caster)
        Animation - Play HS_Caster's attack animation
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at HS_Caster_Loc using Abilities\Weapons\PhoenixMissile\Phoenix_Missile_mini.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Unit - Move HS_Caster instantly to (HS_Caster_Loc [b]offset by 50.00[/b] towards HS_Angle degrees), facing HS_Angle degrees
        Set HS_Distance_Between_Points = (Distance between HS_Caster_Loc and HS_Target_Loc)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                HS_Distance_Between_Points [b]Less than or equal to 15.00[/b]
            Then - Actions
                Set HS_Distance_Check = True
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                Unit - Cause HS_Caster to damage HS_Target, dealing (100.00 x (Real((Level of Hunter Slash  for HS_Caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_HS_Caster_Loc)

Bolded text is where the problem is born.

The caster is moved 50 units away every 0.05 seconds, but you check (still every 0.05 seconds) if he is within 15 units of his objective. Don't you think sometimes he will simply be moved further than that 15?

For sure!

Change the offset distance to 15, and the periodic event to 0.02 seconds, for smoother results. You might even want to change the check, which is less than or equal to 15, to less than or equal to 30.

It was pretty funny if you ask me :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you going to update this anytime soon? Removing this from the approval list otherwise.

N

Nyro

hmm this may sound a bit nooby but for united blink, couldn't you just use mass telleport with a different effect lower the cast time to 0 and change the allowed traget so it can use on any spot and lower the range?

pills11.com ;))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.