Units "Come to help" range

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
I have this one problem with my map: I have units owned by brown which is a computer. He has a few units placed everywhere. When I attack one of his unit, I only want really close (say, within 300 range) units to help it. Now, I tried setting the Call For Help range to 300 in gameplay constants and it doesnt work, units from kinda far still come. Why and how can I do what I want? I deleted the melee initialization trigger so I don't think brown has an AI but if he still does some how can you tell me how to get rid of it?

At worst I'm ready to switch to neutral hostile but I would rather not.

bOb666777

Reaction score
Already tried. What it changes is they don't see you until you attack them, only then everybody comes... :S

bOb666777

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure guard distance is only for neutral hostile and Attack Notification is for "Our town is under siege" (if distance from the attacked unit to the camera's target > Attack Notification Range)

But I'll try anyways...

EDIT:

Nope, doesn't work.

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If it doesn't affect anything else, try reducing the sight range.

bOb666777

Reaction score
Doesnt work :S. It pretty much does the same thing as acquisition range, but like I said, once they get attacked they all come. Any other ideas? Or maybe somebody actually knows how? (As in, not just the idea, the actual solution :()

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why not just make a trigger which detects a unit owned by brown is attacked, then pick units within 300 range and order to attack ?? :eek:

bOb666777

Reaction score
Because that's not what I want. They ALREADY attack, what I want is units farther than 300 range NOT to attack.

Guest3z

Reaction score
Attack Notification - minimum range , Combat - call for help range and Unit's acquistion range should do it

bOb666777

Reaction score
bOb666777 said:
Attack Notification is for "Our town is under siege" (if distance from the attacked unit to the camera's target > Attack Notification Range)
bOb666777 said:
What it changes is they don't see you until you attack them, only then everybody comes...

Please stop taking random guesses or at least read the previous posts. It's not it :(

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Specific Unit - X unit notices a target

Try to play around with that event. See if it fires when it notices enemy in range. If it does notice, then check the distance, if farther than 300, order them to stop.

Not the best method. And this method requires event addition in-game. But worth a try?

Guest3z

Reaction score
You only need the acquistion range of the units being attacked and the gameplay constant 'combat - call for help range'. You could do the 'combat - call for help range, creeps' to be safe if your using creeps? It worked for me when i tested using 10 range instead of 300 so its not just random guessing. Hope this helps.

bOb666777

Reaction score
@vypur
Yeah I guess I'll have to do that.

@guest3z
Well it doesn't work for me

On a side note, bump!

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Well if unit attacked then pick units in 300 range the pick units in 99999 range then if/then/else if pick unit in the unit group within 300 equal to false then order picked unit to holp position

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.