Upgrade Trigger Problem

N

NoLeavers!

Hello,

I want to make a trigger but I don't know where to start;

Every player starts with 1 main building. They should be able to upgrade them

Main building Can upgrade to:
- Troll Building Level 1 --> Troll Building Level 2 --> .. Level 3 --> .. Level 4
- Spider Building Level 1 --> Spider Building Level 2 -->.. Level 3 --> .. Level 4
- Gnoll Building Level 1 --> Gnoll Building Level 2 --> .. Level 3 --> .. Level 4

And with every new Level there will spawn new, stronger units. How do I get this with some triggers and variables? Can someone please help me.

Greetings,
NoLeavers

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
Why do it throgh triggers?
try upgrading them :)

but if you insist, try the unit replacement action

J

Jay_Dubbs

All you have to do is create all the buildings you want to upgrade to... then in O/E set the Techtree - upgrades to (whatever you want each of them to upgrade to, can be multiple choices)

Potatisbil

Reaction score
You could make a trigger with a periodic event and make an If/then/else for each building (and level of the building) and so on :
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
 Custom script : set bj_WantDestroyGroup = true
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to <your lvl 1 gnoll building>
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 <lvl 1 gnoll unit> for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
                    Else - Actions
                        Do nothing
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to <your lvl 1 spider building >
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 <your lvl 1 spider unit> for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
                    Else - Actions
                        Do nothing
and so on

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.