Vehical Piloting system

Stealphish2

Reaction score
im trying to make a vehical piloting system wer u can walk up to a neutral tank for example and get into it, drive around blowing stuff up, then get out of it and then the tank changes back to neutral.
What iv managed to do so far is have it so that the marine can get into the tank and use the tank, but i cant figre out how to change the tank back to neutral when its not transporting a pilot.
thers no event saying: unit exits transport
and thers no condition saying: number of units being transported by unit = 0
any suggestions on a completely different system are apreciated aswell

bugbear

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Unload (Air Transports)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Neutral Passive and Change color

Does something like that work?

Stealphish2

Reaction score
yea tat works but the problem with that is if u click the transported units icon to unload it its not using the ability meaning the trigger doesnt work.

its all good tho i figred out a way around it.
i just removed the marine and changed the ownership of the tank and used custom unit value to remember how much ammo the marine had.
thnx for the idea tho

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> if you click the transported unit's icon to unload it, it's not using the ability

Indeed.
But you can still detect it:

Trigger:
  • Unload
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unload))
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Unloading: + (Name of (Target unit of issued order)))

lbebusiness

Reaction score
I would like to:

hey Stealphish2 could I polity ask you to post the code (or send it to me). I put credits in my maps for everything I use. And I'm pretty sure this map will turn out popular so it would put your name out. This system would be rather critical to the map. Would be the main attraction.

lbebusiness

Reaction score
Bump Guess not. Does anyone know where I can get such a system? I have used search but my search terms vehicle system doesn't return anything meaningful.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.