Vertical Rotation - Flying height

Klein~

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The best way I found to explain what I wanted was making a picture of it.
I tried my best paint skills lol, hope you understand it:

rotatione.png

What I thought first: find the commom plan of all the dummies and then variate one of the dimensions resulting in a rotation. The problem is... How to do it? I do not know enough for such.
Thanks in advance.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
I guess im not the only one who still doesnt get this one ^.^

So, the image given is a sideview, both casting units and dummy units are flying, the height in the picture is the flying height; the red unit is surrounded by dummy units and you want the dummy units to fly around the casting unit in a weird manner? is that correct?

Klein~

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Imp Midna. The weird manner that you talk about is the variation of all the 3 dimensions at once. But atm I'm trying to one at a time to add all together when everything works fine. I'm making the vertical rotation, which isn't just JUST vertical.

What I have done yet:

Goal: make the unit move towards the casting unit and, as the unit aproachs, increase the flying height until the distance between them are null and the flying height value will be max. After reaching max flying height, the unit will move away from the casting unit and its flying height will decrease.

I'm trying it now. Not using Sine or Cosine cause I have no idea of how to get the angle, since it's not a XY angle, but a third dimension.

I'm sure my triggers are messed up but if I don't try I'll never get it. I'll post them when finish.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.