Vex's Optimizer and Forces

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Off-topic: Those tiny icons are not exactly useful (I don't look at them when I use GUI anyway). I just use them to find certain lines in Great Walls of Text.

If I'm not wrong, there is a similar problem to this somewhere regarding optimization and forces. I don't use with NewGen or w/e so I wouldn't know. Maybe you could just PM Vexorian? Even if his inbox is full, try contacting another mod to help you.

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
I use a mix of GUI and Jass. And I have developed a NEW ANSWER to people that ask me "Why GUI?"! Because it's GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE :D I see everything, what goes after what, what happens. It's GRAPHICAL. I see the Icons of the actions etc., realy makes the triggers easier to read for USERS.

I do use Jass when I need locals or GUI missing functions, but that's it.

Edit: Oh and where did NewGen get you ^^ ? You can't optimize your script :D

I find JASS easier to read. Even if something super-complex is going on, it'd be much harder to read in GUI.

I'll take a quick look at this though and see if I can find anything. BTW, vista?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
XP. I hate Vista with every fiber of my being. I don't want office crap, I want games!

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
Ok, well I got your map working. Sorry for the poor naming scheme, but I'm sure you'll rename it. Did some troubleshooting, this glitch only happens when you optimize your script. I didn't really browse the map, but it appeared to be rather small, so there shouldn't be any lag as a result of not optimizing script. Here be the attachments, I also changed the base map. Changes I made were in the allies screen, made everyone on the same force high priority.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
My concern wasn't optimization, it was mainly that I wanted some map protection. I have certain enemies I don't want to open this map. Anyway, it works! It actually works! Fascinating. I wonder what high priority has to do with anything...

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be the map itself. Whenever I optimize it with my optimizer (even on the version you posted, unoptimized) there are no forces. I am not happy.

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
Shall I take down the attachments so they can't download them, or do you still need them?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
EDITILICIOUSNESS: I guess you could take down the attachments. I downloaded both of them. The problem is just with my optimizer, no one else's.

Let us pretend that FoxTwo never existed, agreed?

Reaction score
He's doing it to everyone, he doesn't realize that removing all these posts and banning him takes 3 minutes tops.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this increasingly ancient thread, but this problem must be resolved! I can't release my map until I get this thing protected/optimized!

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Tried EGUI? Also try reinstalling one of the Optimizers. Or only using one.
Also try the manual way as well since it's pretty much the same as what happens.

I know that there are enemies, but you can't actually get 100% map protection. If you make it you can unmake it. Just do something and be happy with it.

Think about this: Is it worth worrying over to the point of never releasing your map? Time and energy wasted just because "someone else might open it!!!"? Learn when things are "good enough". Advice from a life-long annally retentive perfectionistic so-and-so.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I'm only using one optimizer, Vexorian's. And I don't see releasing a map completely unprotected as a good idea.

I do have UMSWE enabled. Could that cause anything?

EDIT: Dear God. After all this time, it's finally fixed. Woo!

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
How did you fix it? I actually had this problem with a spell submission map I wanted to optimize. Even when I supplied the patch.mpq it still took off the player slots >:O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.