Vex's Optimizer and Forces

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Don't know where to post this. I don't see a "Problems with Useful Tools" forum.

For some reason, my map's alpha is all finished up. Everything works perfectly... except after I use the optimizer. I attempt to playtest the optimized version in Warcraft, and there are no forces! There are in the non-optimized version, though. Would someone be kind enough to explain what I did wrong and/or post a screenshot of the ideal optimizer settings (I have no imports, yet)?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I would, but his PM box is full. :(

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Why would I make a map in GUI when I can use vJass?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Bring
Up
My
I have now reached the rank of: desperate!

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
are you using something special to code this? i cant even save the original map without getting syntax errors.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Just NewGen. And UMSWE, for reasons I have forgotten. Syntax errors? How? That worries me. It's completely playable in the non optimized version... for me.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I don't know why I have it on, exactly. It either had to do with terrain or the object editor, since I don't use GUI.

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
I can't believe there is something super-duper uncodeable and hard so that people are forced to use additional programs and features for the default WE :(

And those problems usualy fuck up people's maps (don't use them - be on the safe side).

I don't use it. I make good triggers. I use Vex optimizer without problems. GG

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Hmm. My mind seems to be unable to process those last few lines. Care to explain?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Only the insane or the ignorant use JASS without NewGen.

Edit: I removed the old attachment and added a new one. Hmm. It seems that every time I open a map along with my own, all the GUI made variables are copied over. A curious problem. It once happened with the object editor, too, when I opened SotDRP.

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
I use a mix of GUI and Jass. And I have developed a NEW ANSWER to people that ask me "Why GUI?"! Because it's GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE :D I see everything, what goes after what, what happens. It's GRAPHICAL. I see the Icons of the actions etc., realy makes the triggers easier to read for USERS.

I do use Jass when I need locals or GUI missing functions, but that's it.

Edit: Oh and where did NewGen get you ^^ ? You can't optimize your script :D

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
What do you mean? Of course I can optimize my script! It's the forces I'm having problems with.

And seeing the GUI icons doesn't make things easier. It's still bars of text. Less efficient, slower text.

Genyuumaru

Reaction score
Sorry, but saying that icons aren't helpful is a bit retarded :(
So the fact that it's "text too" means it's worse?

It's like in that joke:
"If Chuck Noris has 5$ and you have 5$, Chuck Noris has more money than you."

As for the problem:
A good solution would be to start trying to uncheck some of the options and see which one of them does THAT.

At first try unchecking nearly all of them to see if at least it works without the options.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
A good solution would be to start trying to uncheck some of the options and see which one of them does THAT.

At first try unchecking nearly all of them to see if at least it works without the options.

Been there, done that. Would I be posting if I didn't?

It's like in that joke:
"If Chuck Noris has 5$ and you have 5$, Chuck Noris has more money than you."

That's what you call a joke?

Sorry, but saying that icons aren't helpful is a bit retarded

[SARCASM]Oh yeah, those little 10x10 icons are sooooo helpful![/SARCASM]

@cleeezzz: Could you post a screenshot of those syntax errors for me?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
BUMPercars. I have now reached the rank of: rabid! Also, could a mod or someone clean up the useless posts?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.