Video Web Chat [Questions]

x-anubis-x

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
hey guys, i know this might be a little ambitious, but im willing to try lol. basically heres what i want the end result to look like:

-look at someones profile
-link that says "start video chat"
-once clicked it will send a prompt to the other user if they want to start a video chat
-video chat between those two people will start

im fairly new to web programming, but i am decently experienced in using other programming languages such as java, c++, python and a few others so i dont think it will be too hard to pick up these other languages.

my main question is what languages should i start learning in order to at least get started on the last two bullets (sending a prompt and then starting the actual chat)?

thanks for any help!

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
That sounds borderline impossible, using HTML/CSS/JS/PHP. I guess you could do some AJAX hax to constantly check whether they're getting a video request but yeah...

x-anubis-x

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
lol thats what i like to hear. this just popped into my head, but have you heard of www.cramster.com (hw help site)? they have this feature where a user can request to talk with an "expert" about a certain problem. when the user clicks on this button, a prompt is sent out to every "expert" viewing the site asking if they want to chat with this person. if they agree a new window pops up and a live chatting session starts between the two people (expert and user).

i think that this could be exactly what i want minus a few features and instead of just text chatting perhaps video? ill go ahead and see if i can find out more info on this feature though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.