KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
The editor says "Note that neutral player slots cannot share their vision.", so I believe the answer is no.

Tt112233

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
ok then second question.

For a single player, is it possible to unshare his own vision except for one unit he controls?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want it to be permanently you can set the vision range of all other units but that one to 0.

If you want it to be temporarily you would need to change the owner of all other units to an unused player slot.

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you don't mind bending the rules, you can set regions of vision that are constantly centred on the neutral units.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to make it complicated but working you can use the "Goblin Nightscope" ability (it is an item ability) which increases the vision range of your units.
You can give all units a default vision range of 0 and then add a Goblin Nightscope copied dummy ability to each of your units.
When you want to disable the vision of all units you just disable the dummy ability for the player.
Its worth a try.

MP®

Reaction score
give the neutral units the feary fire buff, cast by a dummy unit owned by you ;)

love_helper

Reaction score
I thought about this option but I have so many units in my map and this would mean that for any unit spawnable for any player, I'd have to go through so many units in object editor and add the ability manually (...) this seems to be a really inefficient solution.

There's one more problem: this doesn't prevent the sight granted by special sight modifiers such as Far Sight.

I mean if there is absolutely no other way.. I guess I'll just drop the idea.
Do the opposite. When you want to remove the sight, just give all of your units (except for the unit that you want to keep sight) 'AIsi' ability with negative sight (-2000 or so) value, that should work, I think.

Added the map, it happens 10 second after the game starts, you can use a timer to remove the ability later. (I didn't know how to use timers, still learning >"<)

and btw...why do you want to remove the sight of Far Sight :-ss?

Attachments

• Blind.w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 185

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the opposite. When you want to remove the sight, just give all of your units (except for the unit that you want to keep sight) 'AIsi' ability with negative sight (-2000 or so) value, that should work, I think.

Added the map, it happens 10 second after the game starts, you can use a timer to remove the ability later. (I didn't know how to use timers, still learning >"<)

and btw...why do you want to remove the sight of Far Sight :-ss?
That would be so much less effective then what i suggested because of all the performance wasted for iterating through all units and adding abilities. That can really slow a game down if you do it too much.

And if i remember correctly you can get rid of far sight by using a global vision modifier for the player upon the whole map forcing it to be black mask.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.