Wait for condition and MUI

Yoww89

Reaction score
My spell needs to wait for a specific buff to be aplied to the target unit so it can trigger it's effects.

Since the wait for condition function needs a global variable and at the same time include a wait it's impossible to make it work if you have more than one instance going on. Unless your checking for a condition on the triggering unit I guess. Is there any way around this?

You can't set the triggering unit to another unit right? (I know it's dumb! But I'll ask it anyway ;p)

I know I can do it with timers and arrays/hashtables, I'm just wondering if there's an easier way.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Show the triggers and we might help you.

There is always Jass which can quite often be the solution.

Yoww89

Reaction score
I'm actually just trying to make a buff placer detection system.

I have a missile going from the caster to the target and I need to know when it lands/places the buff.
There's so many issues with timers and a hashtable, like another/same unit casting it on a unit that already have the buff, or even the buff from the first missile going out while the second missile is mid-air.

For now I'm still trying it, I just wanted to know if there is a simpler way but I guess not.

Yoww89

Reaction score
I'll try GDD and see how it goes.

EDIT: GDD did it. Looks like wait for condition is a pretty useless function after all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.