Warcraft 3 map editor questions, June.

garet10

Reaction score
Hi I would like to make a Volcano and then around the volcano change some squares into lava. I think I know how to do this BUT, How do you make it so when **A unit walks in it dies instantly**, **A unit walks near it takes damage**, and when A unit cast any frost spell or water spell that it Changes the Lava tile spot back into grass or in to Ice?

Figure this one out.:eek: <3

Happy

Reaction score
first of all....is it a question, a riddle or what is it? Figure this one out sounds more like an order than a question or a request.

secondly its easy.
for the lava ground type...theres an action called change terrain type.
if you want the units to die instandly if they get on the vulcano make a check every 0.03 second whether any unit comes within X range of the point of casting (or whatever point). then make in the same trigger that if a unit comes in (X+Y) range it gets damaged by Z.
and for the "back changing"...just check whenever a spell is casted (or at least an ice/water spell) whether the targeted point (or if it is an instant spell whether the position of the casting unit) has ground type lava then change it to whatever you like to.

P.S. next time you could be more polite and ask for help instead of Figure this one out -.-

garet10

Reaction score
first of all....is it a question, a riddle or what is it? Figure this one out sounds more like an order than a question or a request.

secondly its easy.
for the lava ground type...theres an action called change terrain type.
if you want the units to die instandly if they get on the vulcano make a check every 0.03 second whether any unit comes within X range of the point of casting (or whatever point). then make in the same trigger that if a unit comes in (X+Y) range it gets damaged by Z.
and for the "back changing"...just check whenever a spell is casted (or at least an ice/water spell) whether the targeted point (or if it is an instant spell whether the position of the casting unit) has ground type lava then change it to whatever you like to.

P.S. next time you could be more polite and ask for help instead of Figure this one out -.-
well i thought it would been a hard question, mostly when I ask things people post comments and they do not know or that's a dumb idea., Thanks I give this a try.

Can you put the Hit Points a Tree has over the tree?

Happy

Reaction score
as a bar or as a number? you can do it as an floating text number. as a bar afaik not.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.