Cinematic Warcraft III Machinima (Will be shown at film festival)

T

tikalal

Hello The Helper Forums members,

I'm new here, but I figured this would be the best place to start for help with my Warcraft III Machinima project. This project will be shown at a film festival in Australia and will serve as an example of serious machinima. The script and storyboard and all that stuff is complete, and the project is going into production in two week's time. It will be filmed with Snaps Pro X and post production will take place in Final Cut Pro.

Anyway, onto what I actually need from the forum's members, voice actors! There are many speaking parts in this 10 minute film, and I'm pressed for time in finding the actors. Every actor will have their full name listed in the credits, and if you have a website or something you want to promote, I'll list that next to your name.

I don't want to be one of those people who list their email or who are just using the forum as a means to an end, so if you're interested just respond to the thread and we'll organise a way for you to send your audition.

Ok, now onto the parts!

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -

Main: The main character (yet to be named). He's a swordsman and the leader of a rag-tag military group. He's strong and brave. His voice should be deep, American, around 30-40 years old. Master Chief from Halo is a prime example of what this guy should sound like. He has the second largest speaking part.

A sample line: (Addressing a messenger): Take this message to the wizard, Mith'Templar: It is I, Main. I have answered your call for help and I come to aid you against the threat. Expect my warriors and I in three days time.

Lieutenant: (Actually called lieutenant) He's a wizard of around 25-30 years old (or so it seems). His voice has an American accent, but it's not as deep and raw as Main's. He speak's properly, without shortening words. Malfurion is a prime example of what this guy should sound like. He has the largest speaking part.

A sample line: These rains are of the Riverwood region, we are close.
OR
I'm anxious to meet him. We have much to discuss in the way of battle plans.

Castle Soldier: This guy is technically three guys. He is basically exactly the same as the footman from Warcraft III. He's just your generic soldier who only has a few speaking lines, and should sound as much as the footman from Warcraft III as possible (British adult).

A sample line: All clear! You can come in now!

Captain: This guy only has a few speaking lines. American adult, doesn't really matter what age, as long as they sound adult.

A sample line: So I understand you can summon large armies of creatures

Sorcerer: This guy has one line. His model file is night elf, and he's male. I guess any male night elf voice should be fine, but I am quite fond of the Druid of The Claw character voice, so if you can imitate that, you're a star in the making :p.

A sample line (only line :)): I had a much larger army, but we were hounded by demons day and night.

Archer: The only female in the production. She should sound like a female night elf, or the sorcerer unit in the human army. Basically American female, but the accent doesn't matter too much.

A sample line: As were we. We barley saved our capital city from an entire battalion of them.

Demon Henchmen There a few of these guys, and there voices should ideally sound like orc grunts. Anyone who has a good demon voice should audition for this.

A sample line: Burn them to the ground!

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --- -- -- -- -- --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Well that's it, I hope I can find some good actors. Being a student I can't pay for your work, but this project will be shown to a mainstream audience so if you're a budding voice actor, this is a good way to get your name out.

Thank you very much for all who wish to participate!

(Oh and I almost forgot to mention, there is no prize offered at the film festival, I will not be profiting from this)

tikalal

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Hmm i might think about a voice but my voice is sorta low but not like adult low XD im 13 :] but im goin through puburty and every1 says i have low voice, but im a good imatater i could do grunt voice.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Same as fire-wolf, I could probably try and make my voice sound adult-like if I tried, but that would be straining and pushing it. Good luck! Show us the video if you can when it's done. :D

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
I can do an irish and russian accent, i've toyed around with others but the russian is by far my best.

I don't know how much help i'll be, as i don't have the highest quality mic, but i'd be willing to try.

T

tikalal

Thanks for the offer of help. Unfortunately with the script and all the voices are kind of set in stone. I wonder where to go for this sort of thing :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.