WIP Warcraft IV: Lich King's Defeat

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Those are cool ideas, but you can't just have ideas because they're cool.

And red drakes wouldn't fit - they only fit with the normal orcs when they imprisoned Alexstrasza in the Second War.

You need to have an idea of how the Fel Orcs are going to be played.

Do they mass? Do they make a few, very powerful units? Is offense their only defense?

I think that their units should be around medium strength, but have them be all about offense. They should be able to create quick forward bases, but slow economy bases.

That's just my take on it though - you can do it any way you please.

captainrads

Reaction score
I somewhat agree, the Fel Orcs are the muscle of demons and a forward driving force. You've also got to consider their damage type. It's normally chaos, but leaving it that way could make things imbalanced. If you do leave it as chaos, make their attack weaker to compensate. Another thing about them is that they're jacked up Orcs. Orcs are already an offensive race based on a few powerful units instead of massing them. Their spellcasters are good, though other races have much better casters. So by making Orcs even more offensive, you've got to balance it out by changing the casters, and probably making their units even less massable. I'd suggest making it very tedious or difficult to heal to compensate for their attack power, and make the casters mostly offensive.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Well, you need some sort of a letter to prove that you are not ripping it off. Imagine you are the moderator, you wouldn't know whether the uploader actually gave credits of or some sort as he cannot read your mind.

I'll seen one that had a letter of some sort and then it was approved.

If you still want to reply or have question lets take it to PM, we are going too OT.

Last post for this topic from me - I showed a PM I had sent to a devoloper at Frictional Games (from which I was using their textures) asking permission to edit or resize any texture in their commercial game, so long as credit was given. In the image I showed, he had agreed to do so.
I gave every bit of proof I knew how to give that I had made the models and the textures were being used legally. Yet they threw all that out - threatening to ban me after(I) remarking that their high-res texture pack has textures from other commercial games.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
And red drakes wouldn't fit - they only fit with the normal orcs when they imprisoned Alexstrasza in the Second War.

And that wouldnt fit under the new Horde lead by Thrall as I doubt he would force the red dragonflight to breed for him.

The Dark Horde of Blackrock Mountain I guess would have no problem with enslaving dragons for their cause, however I think that they would use Black dragons and that they wouldn't be enslaved, more like permitted to be used by Nefarian.

I presumed that talking of 'normal' Orcs Post WC3 would be the Horde as ruled by Thrall.

Anyways, gogo on the game, one or more of the wc4 campaings should end up awesome and this could be one of them!

//==GooS

captainrads

Reaction score
And before you know it, we'll have WC5 on our hands...even though Blizzard hasn't come out with a 4 yet, and probably never will.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
yer, i think Warcraft series is over. They are making diablo and then the next expansion for WoW. After that WoW will be pretty muched finished and start to go into decline - they might revive Warcraft but hay, i don't work for blizzard yet.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
http://www.warcraft-4.net/

Within the freshest Starcraft 2 panel from BlizzCon 2008 Blizzard proclaims, that Starcraft 2 will be expanded into a trilogy. Furthermore Blizzard verifies, that Warcraft 4 will be released with the same principle.

although it has been posted long ago it seems that Blizzies are already planning Wc4

http://www.vg247.com/2008/09/10/pearce-warcraft-iv-is-definitely-something-we-would-consider/

it's just they are too busy on WoTLK, Starcraft II and Diablo III

captainrads

Reaction score
In his opinion Warcraft 4 would just be a “reasonably well selling RTS in a huge crowd of other RTS games”.
MMOs are usually defined as open-ended RPGs on a massive scale. The very nature of an MMO corresponds with that of a series finale. It would be hard to return to a franchise that currently has an ever-changing and continuing game.
That's from that first site, and I've got to agree. WoW pretty much took over the Warcraft storyline, and most Warcraft players went to play WoW. Having WoW, most of them wouldn't want to go back to Warcraft. Either way, how good could a fourth Warcraft actually be? I guess its up to the developers, but I'd think they're done with RTS games. I wouldn't be surprised if World of Starcraft came out, the MMO genre is popular.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
Interesting, looks nearly same with the other project i saw. Anyway, it's "swordsman" not "swordman". I dislike the map title as wc3 4: Lich King's Defeat. lich king's defeat? lol, my brother also disliked it, we laugh so much almost dying because of the map title. Anyway, nice map, gonna play it when finished.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Interesting, looks nearly same with the other project i saw. Anyway, it's "swordsman" not "swordman". I dislike the map title as wc3 4: Lich King's Defeat. lich king's defeat? lol, my brother also disliked it, we laugh so much almost dying because of the map title. Anyway, nice map, gonna play it when finished.

Although I agree on about all of your points, when you have -10 rep nothing you say matters.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Sure you did people with more then -5 rep are badasses.

Back on topic : Change the name will you? Why would everybody be uniting to fight against the lich king as fel orcs are evil.

No matter how I see it, the way this story is made doesn't blend with the lore, totally out of point that is if your following warcraft lore.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
-Mission 1 : The gangrins...
Loading Screen : A day,while Simucho and his group are patrolling in a forest...
Cinematic :
Simucho say "Nothing to indicate here!
Let's continue the patrol!"
He and his group start moving.Suddenly, he stops and then a portal opened.A group of Gangrins came throught it.
"Who are you?
What you summits here?" says Simucho
One of the Gangrins say "We call ourselves the Gangrins.Our enemy has taken control of our home planet and we have fleed through this portal."
"Hmmm...First you must see master Illidan.He will decide if you can live here or no..." Says Simucho
Then the cinematic stop and first mission begin...

As far as I know Orcs and especially the ones not following the statures of the new Horde, I doubt that they would not charge and attack the people that has portaled into their lands in a ferocious rage.

The dialog is waaay to fast, it's like:

-Hi we came here right now
-ok, I'll see if you can live with us.

It's not like they plead for shelter, or even asked for a place to stay. Maybe if they were superior in power to the orcs, the orcs would refrain from attacking them, and seek council from illidan.

//==GooS

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
hay, are you recruiting? I want to get involved with a project, i'm supposed to be cinematics for King's War 4 but atm hes put me on hold so im free.

If you need any help im good at cinematics, GUI triggers and terraining - PM me if you need help

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.