WIP Warcraft Lore

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Intro​

Hello, and welcome to Warcraft Lore. First, I'd need help describing map genre :|
Closest type would be RPG. You controll one hero, gameplay is also quite like RPG. Level, items, etc. Here comes the twist: While on your RPG'ing, you'll have to solve puzzles, help characters from WcIII and TFT, and defeat bosses. So, whole gameplay focuses around boss fights.

Story​

This aint just one map. This should, and hopefully will be a series of maps, described as chapters. Now lets take a closer look into Chapter One.
Action starts in early Warcraft III, when Ner'Zul has established the beggining of the scourge. Various plagued crates are sent between Lordaeron Villages. Game starts in one of those villages. You, and other townsfolks are locked in Castle Cellar, as guards are investigating the mysterious green gas. As they return and release you with other people, stating that gas pose no threat, everyone gets back to their work. But, while people were caged, plague that spread across farmfied has started to mutate villagers. As you are supposed to get back to work, you find nothing more than zombified villagers and plagued enraged animals.

Gameplay​

In RPG mode, players fight their way through the swarm of enemies, to find out whos causing threat. One of the Guards are also investigating. In Chapter one, players will find out that plague is spread by old Wind Mill. They'll have to find the way to burn it to the ground - first puzzle.
When puzzle is solved, boss appears. Here gameplay changes into something more wow-raid-orientated. Players will have to work as team, learn the uniqe strategy boss uses, and after long fight, succesfully bring it down to unlock another puzzle. Boss would drop unique items, and sometimes puzzle pieces.
After mill is destroyed, next event-puzzle begins. Players are overrun by swarm of zombies attracted by dying boss call. Since enemies are too strong to take down with weapons, players once again must find a way how to get rid of them. Once finished, second boss is triggered, again with his own unique strategy. Chapter is finished when all 3 bosses are taken down (boss number may differ in other Chapters). Players then are able to save their heroes, and load them into next chapter.

Heroes​

In Chapter One, players are given with Villager hero - just an ordinary townfolk who had become victim of the events.
In each chapter, you are able to advance by four levels. Once at level 20 (Chapter Six), player can evolve his hero further. Villager, via puzzles and quests (which are tied to chapters story), can train himself to either Soldier or Mystic. Those two, at level 40, in the same way can train further to Warrior/Wandered - Priest/Mage. Each of the hero types has its own skill set.

Systems​

Currently game uses many systems, but theres still a place to improve them or implement new ones.

-Virtual Equipment: Once player aquires an item, he must equip it. Via spell, player targets an item, which is then "equiped" - items stats are then given to Hero, and item itself is removed. In simmilar way player can "unequip" it - item is created back to the inventory, and hero no longer gets the stats.
-Increased Backpack: System many maps have, it enlarges your inventory by more pages. Here, pages are given as player "equips" bag, which are droped around the world.
-Spellpack: Hero has 11 spells to choose from, but each of it is learned at different levels.
-Attributes: In addition to 1 point to all attributes given each level, you can also spend four more stat points in your desired atribute.
-Talents: Another spellpack, but this one helds 11 permanent hero upgrades, such as Movement Speed or Life Regeneration. Hero can upgrade 3 of them each level.
-Camera: Cycle through 6 camera modes, for epic RPG feeling.
-Dialogs: Each townsfolk who actually has a role (Castle Blacksmith for example), can chat with you via spell. Sometimes they give hints how to solve puzzle.
-Creep AI: They can run away from you, they can call their neighbors to help them, they cast spells at you, and some of them may even follow you as your pet.
-Emotions(wip): simmilar as ones in wow, you can target either yourself or other players to show your feelings. "Player waves at Player"
-Weather System(wip): Weather changes as you switch zones.
And some more small tweaks not worth of mentioning.

Items​

There's 20 different item types, and 11 is equipable
Items has different qualities: Magic -> Rare -> Crafted -> Epic
The better item is, the more stats it has.
Make items yourself - recipies are sold in shops, and reagents are droppable from creeps and bosses around the world.
Equipable Items
List of items, and main attribute
Weapon - Damage
Shield - Block (evasion)
Chest - Armor
Head - Vitality
Gloves - Intellect/Power
Boots - Movement speed
Backpack - Additional inventory slots
Mount - Morph into fast creature, to get superior movement speed, but unable to fight [only obtained by sold recipies]
Talisman - Accesuar who gives multiple stats [recipies are dropable from any dungeon creeps]
Wings - Wings boosts good movement speed amount, also when not fighing gives good height (flight simulation), and multiple stats (both recipe and rare reagens are droped from bosses)
Soul - Soul gives multiple greater stats, and enhanses hero with additional soul - mystic unit who wanders around wielder, and casts ultimate powerful spells to all nearby enemies (same drop as Wings).
Other items includes item-types like Quest, Potion, Pet, Seed, Food, Scroll, Reagent and Recipie

Progress​

Chapter One is done around 70%. Should be released somewhere this month I hope.
Screenies will have to come abit later, don't have my laptop which I work on with me.
If anyone has better name suggest, offer please, I'm out of ideas.

Recruiting​

As there will be many chapters, I really need to establish close team of developers. So, many spots are open for help:

-Terrainer
-Cinematic Creator
-Jass Spellmaster: Person who works around bossfights, creating unique spell for bosses to cast. Also to clean leaks, which I as GUI'er make a lot ^^
-Modeler: Think map will need some player or boss models.
-Item and Creep designer: Each Chapter will need new items and creeps to be placed.
-Feedback Community: Yah, everyone can be part of it!

*wall of text crits you for 9999 damage*

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.