Warcraft Movie: What Should Be In It?

What should be in the Warcraft Movie?

• Total voters
B

brelinnnn

:D Hey, it is me again. Before someone starts saying this is a double post, let me verify that it is not a double post but in fact more like a sequel to my other thread (http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33680).

In the last thread we discussed Peter Jackson and whether he should direct the Warcraft movie along with Legendary and Blizzard. Most of you voted "Make it!" on the poll but some were a little un-easy about the fact of a Warcraft movie.

So what is this thread about then? This thread is about the most important thing regarding the Warcraft movie. Who directs it is important but not as important as what is in it. Every movie needs a good theme, plot, characters, outline, backstory, antagonist, protagonist and a certain something.

So, as the fans what would you like to see in the movie, that is if you are going to see it at all. What races? What story and characters? Should it be based off one of the games? Should it be a Before Story or and After Story? Should it be an action, drama, horror, animation, or a telling story type movie? Anything that you think should or should not go into this movie, post it here.

What I think:
I think that the movie should definitley be an action movie. Warcraft is after all based off wars and betrayal. As for races; I would obviously like to see my favorite race in there *looks at avatar* :rolleyes: Orc, but with Orcs, you need Humans which then would require Elves (both Night and High). The Undead to me are not that important. In the story of Warcraft yes, but not in the gameplay. I just don't like them. Let's face it, game movies suck. Doom and BloodRayne were probably the worst game movies ever made. That said, I would not like the movie to be based off a game for two reasons.

1. I know the story of the games already. Been there, done that.
2. I want to see a side of Warcraft I have never seen. A new land, world, island or even a Race.

So that is about it for me. To sum it all up:
Action. Orcs. Humans. Elves. Suprise Me Blizzard. Bring Something New To The World.

So what do you think?

You can choose multiple in Poll.

-Brelinnnn :cool:

EDIT: NEW RACE DESCRIPTION
Above, when I said I would like to see a new race, what I meant was one that is not as big in the game such as Dwarves, Gnomes or Tauren. I didn't want to say that above becuase I didn't want anyone to get the idea of me wanting a move based of World of Warcraft. I don't. Neither should you. :D

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
I picked Undead i dont want a new race too many already.
whoops i pressed post reply instead of edit
Delete this post

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
I picked Undead i dont want a new race too many already. No one wants a Warcraft movie to be a drama. I'm glad.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I thikn it sholud have the humas, orcs, night elfs and undead. Maybe a move that takes place between warcraft 3 TFT and WoW After all, how did ther orcs end up hating the huamas agian? How did the Forsaken get made? 0I know these are probably answered in WoW but lets see it in action!

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
It doesnt really matter for me what it is, just it isnt some B-movie film with tons of blood and killing. But I think it would fit best with the humans orc nightelf and undead, maybe the Reign of chaos.

B

brelinnnn

I have re thought it all over and I see that you guys are right. The Undead is a big part of Warcraft.

O

OmgWtfBacon

Heh. I think Grom Hellscream should die a slow and agonizing death in it. Maybe I should vote drama.... :D

Grozzy

Reaction score
What about that realy , realy , realy huge guy that Illidan speak's whit (i don't remember his name)
What's up whit him ? , and would he fit in the movie ?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
FireEffect said:
I said this before, Warcraft movies should not be a drama

Drama or Story Line.

You would prefer just fight with no talk? That wouild suck. Think of a game that has no story to it. Name one movie with some sort or drama. Drama, could be many things. All the good movies have it.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I really think that the movies should go over pretty much all of the history of wacraft, likely in a trilogy. It could start in the beginning, when the night elves are using the well of eternity, and then get invaded. Then it could transfer to when the orcs are being corrupted by the Burning Legion, and then spend the rest of the first movie on the events of the first game. Then the second movie could start where the second game starts, and go through it's storyline. The third movie would then go over the events of the second game, ending with Arthas crowning himself, just like in the game.

I also think that the movie would work best in complete CG, similar to how they did that final fantasy movie, and with the quality we saw in the wc3 cinematics or even that one WoW cinematic.

Grozzy

Reaction score
There is already a pretty good storyline in warcraft , should the come up whit something new , or just use from the games ?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
More new stuff would likely just piss off WC fans more, at least the type who got mad when they added the Draeni to WoW. (which I still have yet to see the problem with, other than stupid people thinking that blizzard should conform to how they thought the story should have gone)

B

brelinnnn

More new stuff would likely just piss off WC fans more, at least the type who got mad when they added the Draeni to WoW. (which I still have yet to see the problem with, other than stupid people thinking that blizzard should conform to how they thought the story should have gone)

I disagree, i think that if blizzard and the rest of the gang put in something new, not something huge like a new world or maybe not even a new race, but a new storyline / aspect of the already brilliant Warcraft world then people who play Warcraft will be most intrigued, a little sketchy at first, but in the end will like the out come... that is, if Bliz / Legendary and Jackson can pull through

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.