Other Warcraft Poker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Thanks to Hatebreeder, Warcraft Poker has its very own unit-cards!

cardss.jpg

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Something about that crease is bugging me...

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
This was the best I could do until now... I don't have any fancy Programm, with which I could have done this. Something messed up with the meshes, but I fixed it as good as I could.
This stupid crease comes from some sort of mapping mistake...

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Here is the recent map!

At first glimpse, it's hard to notice the progress, however, once you take a look at the coding, you'll see the main core is almost ready.

I tried to comment my coding a little bit, hope it helps to understand it better.

Andrewgosu.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I could just open it in the editor but I could not play it.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
My fault, I forgot to mention one needs JASS NewGen Package to save and play it.

However, I think you are able to play the map if you launch it not from WE but from Warcraft itself.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I tried it in the Warcraft it just goes back to map selection. And whats that JASS Newgen Package anyway?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
It hacks the Normale WE, making it able to deactivate the WE Syntax checker, and allowing some modified, better JASS Parser, which allows you to use vJass in WE.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Additionally, I am open to any sort of mini game ideas to implement to Warcraft Poker!

Anyone who leaves an idea or rates the thread, will get reputed by me. Like it matters...

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
Arg, an idea for you, hopefully not too late since Hatebreeder's been at work...

To graphically give it true Wc3 feel (inspired by hatebreeders first "glyph"), you should make custom suits along the wc3 theme:

Instead of Hearts, Diamonds, Clubs, Spades
have
Mana, Shields, Axes, Sheep
or
NE, Orc, Undead, Human!

misc ideas:
For a mini-game maybe try hi-low or War!

Players should have a hero avatar (sorry if this was suggested, or denied earlier)
During gameplay, if someone loses their bet their avatar should play its death animation
while the winner of the pot plays victory anim. (Those who folded stand idly by).

Also, you could get creative if players run out of money (and lose the game)... for example, their avatars are killed by a flamestrike, or are "exploded" or sheep fall on them, etc..

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
How about a "Death Match Mode"? Well something like this :p
This is how it looks like:
Once someone looses a round of Poker, they are thrown into "The Pot".
That Player isn't able to play the next game.
Once 2 Players are in "The Pot" They must duell.
The Winner gets to play along with the remaining, while the one that lost looses WC3 Poker.
Best would to be to make the Heroes all Level 1, with "Normal Abilities" So that they mustn't learn something. Custom Spells would make this even more fancier!

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
(Mini)-Game Ideas:

Roulette - no info needed i think.

Game of Lives - This could be texas hold-em but instead of chips you have lives. You have say 5 Lives (of course it's up to you, or you could have a vote), it costs 1 live to fold and you bet lives on your hand (same as usual), at the end you win all the lives in the pot, no big/small blinds needed for this.

Hardcore - This is similar to the above, and is a real quick game, you can only fold once, and you play with no betting, only at each round, you either check or fold, The winner of the hand stays in, the losers are knocked out. You could do a best of 3 or first to 3, etc.

A day at the races - bet on horses, going around a track.

A day at the arena - bet on a micro war managed by AI.

I will think of some others later.

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Random Cards Mode - You could get other cards, in a mode called "Wtfpuwn" or something as random, some which reverse the betting, or make somebody skip a go (they automatically have to call all bets made), these cards are useful, but put the player at a dis-advantage in Texas hold-em because you'd end up with 1 card after using that one.

Wildcard Mode - 2 Jokers put into the pack, These can count as any number, or any suit (or an ace if that's hard), making the best hand 6 of a kind, aces.

Swap Mode - A swap card or something, If a player is betting highly on their hand and you want it, use your swap card to get it (maybe a penalty incursion), they get your other card and another card drawn from the deck.

Spectatoring - When a player is knocked out, make them a spectator, able to look at every remaining players cards, and either:
1) Being able to see the odds of which player is going to win, or
2) Being able to bet some money on who's going to win.
3) Maybe both, by adding stakes.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Though, the spectator idea is great, I do not wish to add it.

It makes the game more interesting if you do not see other players cards no matter what.

The Joker mode sounds cool, too.

However, yes, I am going to implement the odds calculator.

Here is the recent progress!

I have managed to complete the card dealing triggers, random cards, which do not overlap!

Check out the map for more details.

P.S

Still looking for player representatives ideas!

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Your card dealing is nice, 1st time round 8 of hearts, ace of hearts, 2nd time round ace of diamonds, king of diamonds, 3rd time round i got 2 of clubs, 4 of hearts. :cool:

For player representatives, you could do an avatar depending on play style and skill level. E.g. we all start as sheep, i'm dealt blah, i fold straight away even though the hand isn't bad, a reserved player, change avatar to wisp. Another player bets x, which is a high amount and risky for his hand, he turns into a grunt, somebody calls and then checks on the flop, he turns into a footman for being a balanced player, etc. You could just do an avatar on skill, they choose a basic creature (i.e. peasant, wisp, acolyte, peon) and the avatar levels up, down on how well your doing.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I really like the avatar idea! Then there is no need for the player representatives, also.

Too bad I cannot reputate you at the momement.

But surely you will be in the credits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.