Ward Death = Editor Crash?

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
I am truly puzzled and would be incredibly thankful to whomever might help me past this current obstacle... I have a unit that summons a ward... Ward isn't special... Based off of healing ward... Spell that I cast is based off Serpent Ward so it targets a point... I give the ward a devotion aura... The devotion aura has 20 levels. Whenever a unit dies around the ward, the level of devotion aura goes up by 1... each level adds 1 more armor... The thing is... Whenever my ward dies... my game crashes -_-. I tried making sure all the stats on devotion were right... Make sure the ward didn't have any stupid little errors that might make it crash, ability problems... anything I don't know what's wrong..> Checked the trigger 0.o... Does anyone perhaps know the issues that has arisen here?
Code:
Ethereal Shift
    Events
        Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Ethereal Ward
    Actions
        Set ETInt = 0
        Set ETUnit[0] = (Summoned unit)
        Set ETUnit[1] = (Summoning unit)
        Trigger - Turn on Ethereal Armor Bonus <gen>
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Trigger - Turn off Ethereal Armor Bonus <gen>
Code:
Ethereal Armor Bonus
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ETInt Less than or equal to (0 + (5 x (Level of Ethereal Ward  for ETUnit[1])))
    Actions
        Set TEMP_Point1 = (Position of ETUnit[0])
        Set TEMP_Point2 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Distance between TEMP_Point1 and TEMP_Point2) Less than or equal to 1000.00
            Then - Actions
                Set ETInt = (ETInt + 1)
                Unit - Set level of Ethereal Ward Armor (Neutral Hostile) for ETUnit[0] to ETInt
            Else - Actions
        Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TEMP_Point1)
        Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TEMP_Point2)

ChaosWarlock

Reaction score
Im not 100% sure about this but I would try putting this condition on your second trigger:

triggering unit is not equal to ETUnit

Because if the unit is dead then it can not set your TEMP_Point 1 to its position and that might be giving you your crash.

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
You are my favoritest person ever... Much thanks my friend. That worked phenomenally :).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.