WE Freezing up

Xenoche

Reaction score
Hi, I've been making maps for a long time and found the wc3:tft editor an awsome tool to make maps for my own and others enjoyment.

However, lately I've been running into some issues.
When using WE I seem to be getting frequent "freezing episodes" inwhich the entire computer freezes for 10-30 seconds, then afterwards It's fine, for a while. Then it happens again, and again, and again, until eventually I get the dreaded "blue screen of deth" indicating a serious system failure and an ensueing memory dump, losing all my current progress.

Another problem that I've found strange is to do with playing the map Gem TD (wether-or-not this problem is linked to the initial problem I dont know). At the very start of the map, or at the first spawning of creeps at the latest, the entire computer freezes, similar to how it freezes during my WE "freeze", however after that initial "freeze" it runs fine, with no re-accuring "freezing's".

SPECS:
AMD Athlon64 2.1Ghz
512mb DDR
Geforce 6600gt
(I've been using this system for a long time with minimal problems, so I doubt its component related).

Thing's that I've tried:
Cleaned Registry: 500+ registry errors! Fixed, Now my computers faster :D , but the freezing remains.
Updated Drivers: Graphics, Chipset , DirectX drivers were old, but now updated :) , yet the problem remains, and now media player also crashes :banghead: .

This is really irritating, and my sanity is hanging in the balance ( if I dont WE often I start getting cranky, just ask my girlfriend), ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated and awarded with a full-scale reping.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
are you using no-cd warcraft, because im using one, and my computer is XP too
and when i finish installing it, the main screen flashes and flashes, like all icons are gone for 2-3 seconds and appears again and flash and appear, i did repaired that when i restarted the computer, and scanned my computer for viruses, even if my computer has no internet, some programs bring viruses that could crash your computer, so did u try scanning your computer for viruses?

because when i scanned mine after the installation, ive got 7 viruses (adware)
after i fixed that, my computer works fine and never keeps flashing and flashing

Xenoche

Reaction score
No I am not using a no-cd warcraft, but a viris scan isnt a bad idea, It's getting to the point where I just want to nuke my comp and re-install :(

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
and if u finished scanneing ur computer using anti virus, and the problem still exist, maybe the best thing you can do to ur computer is to formatt it...

Xenoche

Reaction score
No viris, Clean regestry, Drivers up to date, re-installed WC, De-fraged, Disk sector scanned :banghead:

I am so... (you know what) ...right now :(

And my map was so close to beta testing, lame...

Thx anyway, I'll be nuke'n my comp...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.