Weather effects removing each other

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I've got this problem about creating a custom weather system.
It seems that applying weather effects by trigger to rects blocks/removes all other weather effects inside the rect area.
I tried bypassing that by creating 2 similar rects and applied only one weather effect to each rect, but it also didn't work. Only the first Weather effect actually worked.

Any solutions to this problem? I do not want to destroy & recreate the weather effects every time I want a change in weather, as this generates a short map freeze (of like 1 second).

Anachron

Reaction score
Use GetLocalPlayer() to enable weather rects. You can only have one weather effect on the same rect. Wc3 limit.
You can still enable/disable the effect so no need to destroy.

By the way, local weather effects are faster because they don't need to be synced.
Hope that helped.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
My problem is not the enabling, but the fact that WC3 doesn't allow more than one rain effect at the same time.

I want to switch from light rain to heavy rain, but I don't know how I can do this without destroying the old lightrain effect.
Even if I disable the light rain and enable the heavy rain, it doesn't work, as only the light rain exists.

Only 1 rain effect can be active in the same area at any one time.

If someone could create a rain model, that would be awesome ...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.