Website off Home Computer

Reaction score
So I got this cool image board thing and wanted to know how to get it off localhost and onto the net?

I do have a Static IP.

Help is much appreciated.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Given you have to ask how to do so, I'm not exactly convinced this is a great idea. You don't want to expose your PC to more security issues than it has to stand already on a daily basis.

What have you set upo so far?

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Well, you can't host a website if you can't get the router pass. Because you need port 80 forwarded.

Reaction score
Well say I do get the pass from my bro. What do I do? Do I just add port 80 and forward it to udp, tcp. what?

TFlan

Reaction score
Reaction score
Why Cant I log into the router if im hooked up into it directly using windows or some program it might have? Do i have to use the one on the browser?

TFlan

Reaction score
The browser is the only user interface with your router that I know of, and you will still need to know the password, changing the entry type doesn't change the requirements.

Reaction score
Darn. Cause I know my bro is stubborn and crap. Well Ill ask to see if he can do it so I dont need to know the pass.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
There's a button on the router to reset it to factory defaults and the password then becomes something like administrator or admin. It's assumed that if you have physical access to it that you are entitled to reset it. If your house has different rules then make your own decision there... That's between you, your brother and your parents! Be careful though because you will need to set up your wireless network again, including WEP/WPA keys.

But running a public website from your own computer isn't really a good idea unless it's just to learn how it works. As mentioned if you don't configure things properly and stay on top of any vulnerabilities in apache (or whatever server you choose) you might find your computer suddenly hosed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.