Silver
Gold
Platinum

Each league has multiple divisions.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Thanks. I am almost in the gold league.
Pratice league may not count as a league. But I think blizzard sees it as one.

I Found it.
Leagues_SC2_Game1.jpg

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
How does the league system work? Do you have to unlock access to different leagues, is it automatic. Also, do you get more rewards for higher leagues?

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
I am only going off what I remember/think so don't take it as fact.

For every new game type you play (Ex: 1v1, 2v2) You have to play 10 games.
From that 10 games blizzard determines what league you play in.
Each league gos in to division of 100 players. If you are in the top 8 of your division I believe you can move up, a league.

Practice league isn't in the beta as far as I can tell. But It doesn't have a ladder for say. Its the game slowed down and its really to help smooth in new players.

Starcraft Vs Warcraft
In other words its nothing like warcraft 3. Warcraft 3 as far as I can tell forced you to earn your rank. Starcraft 2, if you have 10 good games at the start you will be put towards the high end of the ladder. So There fairly important Games. For me they were my first 10, as I was getting the basics.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Thanks. I am almost in the gold league.
Pratice league may not count as a league. But I think blizzard sees it as one.

I Found it.
Leagues_SC2_Game1.jpg
I do believe they have a reduced amount of leagues for the beta - Copper and pro are out, otherwise that picture is accurate.

How does the league system work? Do you have to unlock access to different leagues, is it automatic. Also, do you get more rewards for higher leagues?
Remember, this is the beta. Some things may be included later on, but both decals and achievements are disabled; and you start with all the avatars there is at the moment so there isn't really any award you can get.

And rover is wrong - there is a practice league in the beta, but its optional. You are asked if you want to play 5 practice games. If you click no, you go right to the placements. If you click yes, you do the placements afterwards.

Although the top 8 advances, I'm not sure when you advance - Not as soon as you reach the top 8, because I've seen one guy there for a good deal of time. I think it starts kicking the lower people off the division, and at the end the 8 advance. I say this because some divisions don't have 100 people anymore, but its a wild guess really. :p

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
There has been cases where people have gone up in rank although they were not in top 8. There's also been cases where people went up after a lost battle.

I think it's based on some weird logarithm. The same that calculates your placement after the first 10 matches. If it finds out that your games are improving over a certain rate, you're changed. I don't know for sure though.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Copper is in the beta. I know because I'm in it, in a tight battle for #1 in my division! :)

I think Pro is there too but I don't think anyone is in it. I've heard it's invitation only.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Currently in Gold league, woo...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.